VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,178 Posts
Re: (tp.)

Quote, originally posted by tp. »

i need sport seats

sport seats are KRAP, unless you are skinny and under 100lb and dont take corners hard. bolsters are fake and useless. You have fantasies about sport seats, but when get them you will find you wasted your money and will jump off a tall building or buy a mazda.

· Registered
173 Posts
Re: (SilverSquirrel)

Quote, originally posted by SilverSquirrel »

sport seats are KRAP, unless you are skinny and under 100lb and dont take corners hard. bolsters are fake and useless. You have fantasies about sport seats, but when get them you will find you wasted your money and will jump off a tall building or buy a mazda.

hmm, i have to disagree. I find the sport seats make a notable difference both aesthetically and functionally. I would definitely prefer my next car to have them as well. Only downside is girls seem to complain about it being a little harder to get in and out of the car with a skirt and such. However, they've never complained about the ride. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (SilverSquirrel)

i have premium seats. do you want to trade?
I used both and sport seats have better bolstering than premium seats which have zero bolstering. Not as good as BMW sport seats but at least it has bolstering.
I do have fantasy of gettign them and will not be disappointed

· Registered
3,507 Posts
FV-QR

Maybe sports seats weren't made for 400 LB americans given the width is not made for two tree trunks side by side nor are the bolsters made to hold back a humongous blob of lard that will just slither around it. No FBSW for clearance on those tree trunks either.
On the other hand, the seats could be made for americans, given your tree trunks will squeeze your jewels so tight that you would be able to slurp up your 128 oz big gulp w/o needing to take a pit stop.

· Registered
3,178 Posts
Re: FV-QR (LWNY)

LWNY said:
Maybe sports seats weren't made for 400 LB americans given the width is not made for two tree trunks side by side nor are the bolsters made to hold back a humongous blob of lard that will just slither around it. No FBSW for clearance on those tree trunks either.
On the other hand, the seats could be made for americans, given your tree trunks will squeeze your jewels so tight that you would be able to slurp up your 128 oz big gulp w/o needing to take a pit stop.
[/QUOTE
Try the real sport seat, such as those in an older S4. or try any of the sports seats in the higher end audis, such as the s5 or RS4
Much firmer, more comfortable, and hold well in the corners.
The A3 sport seats just fake the bolsters with an internal piece of wire and some foam. yes, superficially the look good, but they are far from "sports car" quality. They certainly are better than the bottom of the line premium seats.
Mine are going in the trash as soon as i find something better for a decent price.

Modified by SilverSquirrel at 1:45 PM 3/23/2010

· Registered
3,685 Posts
FV-QR

LWNY said:
[/QUOTE
Try the real sport seat, such as those in an older S4. or try any of the sports seats in the higher end audis, such as the s5 or RS4
Much firmer, more comfortable, and hold well in the corners.
The A3 sport seats just fake the bolsters with an internal piece of wire and some foam. yes, superficially the look good, but they are far from "sports car" quality. They certainly are better than the bottom of the line premium seats.
Mine are going in the trash as soon as i find something better for a decent price.
LWNY said:
i will trade you for my premium seats

· Registered
3,685 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by a3lad »
non powered + no lumbar adjust + cracking bolsters that dont bolster much = worst fantasy ever

mine are powered, including lumber. big deal. they still are garbage.

have you ever sat in a '92 mazda 323's excuse for bucket seats? you guys think these seats suck. try driving 1000 miles in that blasted car! i don't mind my seats at all compared.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.