VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I鈥檓 new here , I need to know if anyone has an idea where is located
The tpms module in this two cars

Audi TT 8j and Audi A3 2006-2012

I can鈥檛 locate the modules 馃槥

Thank you in advance 馃槑

Registered
Our mk2 cars don't have tpms. The car uses individual wheel speed sensors to compute rolling diameter, to compute whether a tire is going flat or not.

Registered
Hey Danny21,
My MY 2009 TT 8j has direct TPMS and I have been looking for the TPMS Control Module also.
Plz tell me you found the location of that damn Control Module . . . . ?

Registered
Are you sure because no 2009 TT sold in the US had direct TPMS? If yours does it might be an import from another country or you have an aftermarket system.

Registered
I am sure, it has Audi TPMS sensors with metal.stems on each wheel (part # 1K0907253D) and the TPMS control (315MHz) module (part # 8J0907273A) is located behind the instrument cluster (speedometer). I bought my 2009 TT new from an Audi dealer. Check out the part #s. I think they moved to indirect from 2013 or 2014 on.

Registered
The only TT (Mk 1, 2 or 3) sold in the US with factory-installed direct measurement TPMS is the Mk 3 TTRS. All others came with indirect rotation measurement. (This includes my 2 Mk 1's, my 2011 Mk 2, and my 2017 Mk 3) Direct TPMS was never even offered as an option. If what you say is true then you own a unicorn, because after an extensive internet search I found a Euro reference to direct TPMS on a few early production 2009 TTs that was then switched during 2009 production back to indirect to comply with Euro regulations. You own a unique TT. I assume yours only gives you an alert and not tire pressure readings?

Registered
The only TT (Mk 1, 2 or 3) sold in the US with factory-installed direct measurement TPMS is the Mk 3 TTRS. All others came with indirect rotation measurement. (This includes my 2 Mk 1's, my 2011 Mk 2, and my 2017 Mk 3) Direct TPMS was never even offered as an option. If what you say is true then you own a unicorn, because after an extensive internet search I found a Euro reference to direct TPMS on a few early production 2009 TTs that was then switched during 2009 production back to indirect to comply with Euro regulations. You own a unique TT. I assume yours only gives you an alert and not tire pressure readings?
I don't doubt you either . . . My 2009 TT engine production date is 08.08.30 and is the BPY variant. You are correct in that that it only tells me there is a inflation problem, not what the psi is for each tire.

Registered
I am sure, it has Audi TPMS sensors with metal.stems on each wheel (part # 1K0907253D) and the TPMS control (315MHz) module (part # 8J0907273A) is located behind the instrument cluster (speedometer). I bought my 2009 TT new from an Audi dealer. Check out the part #s. I think they moved to indirect from 2013 or 2014 on.
My Wife's 2010 Prestige Quattro 2.0 Base also has them because I replaced them all when I did tires not that long ago. Same as our 2009 CC with the CCTA engine.

Perhaps the TTS and TTRS did not? IDK

Read them in VCDS

Registered
Well you learn something new every day. I've been following several TT discussion forums for 20 years and this thread is the first that indicated that any TT had direct TPMS except the mK 3 TTRS. As I mentioned previously, my 2001, 2004, 2011, and 2017 TT did not have direct TPMS. They were all base TT roadsters. It would be interesting to find out which Mk 2s had it and what years. My guess for the base TT would be 2008-2010my and they eliminated it with the Mk 2 refresh for 2011my. My main gripe about the indirect wheel rotation-based alert is you get an alert when the tire is underinflated which is what you want, and when the tire is over-inflated which is a nuisance. In the desert SW I get an over-inflation based alert about once a year on long distance freeway driving through the summer desert. I then have to stop the car and check tire pressure with a gauge to confirm it is a false alarm. Do you get false alerts for over-inflation with your direct TPMS?

Registered
Well you learn something new every day. I've been following several TT discussion forums for 20 years and this thread is the first that indicated that any TT had direct TPMS except the mK 3 TTRS. As I mentioned previously, my 2001, 2004, 2011, and 2017 TT did not have direct TPMS. They were all base TT roadsters. It would be interesting to find out which Mk 2s had it and what years. My guess for the base TT would be 2008-02010my and they eliminated it with the Mk 2 refresh for 2011my. My main gripe about the indirect wheel rotation-based alert is you get an alert when the tire is underinflated which is what you want, and when the tire is over-inflated which is a nuisance. In the desert SW I get an over-inflation based alert about once a year on long distance freeway driving through the summer desert. I then have to stop the car and check tire pressure with a gauge to confirm it is a false alarm. Do you get false alerts for over-inflation with your direct TPMS?
Not sure about the model years w/o doing research. No false alerts with over inflation, however, you can set parms via VCDS (from what I recall).

What is interesting, is what when i was trying to reset the TPMS after the new sensors and new tires, I kept finding threads in youtube, etc showing you to go through the stalk menu's etc. After about 30 minutes of trying with no menu as shown/described, I finally saw the button on the console behind the shifter to reset lol..... Then monitored the adaptation in VCDS.

Again, same sensors as our '09 CC with the CCTA and appears to be the same module (at least from my eyes in the VCDS perspective).

Registered
My 2009 TT base coupe doesn't throw a TPMS error for over inflation either. Currently, I am getting a TPMS System malfunction that won't clear. That is why I was looking for the control module location. I have not been able to reset or change anything with VCDS, but based on Sdezego's comments I will go back and look again. I track my TT and have had to put wheel sensors on both sets of my track wheels. I would love to just be able to turn the TPMS off when using my track wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts