VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated July 2, 2015: Here's the link to the >>tracker<<. Please update your info there.

Having placed an order last night for a MY2016 GTI, I thought we might like to track orders, production, and (eventually) delivery. Better that we all have real-world info in addition to whatever our respective dealers tell us. Reply here; I'll collect the data and post updates periodically. Here's what I think we should track:

• User name
  • Order date
  • Model
  • Location (US State; otherwise country)
  • Scheduled production date
  • Dealer's expected delivery date
  • Actual delivery date (to be completed later)

Do you think we need to also track options? Does transmission matter??

So, for me...
  • MBrown
  • 6/17/2015
  • GTI Autobahn Performance Package
  • Massachusetts
  • TBD
  • Late August
  • TBD

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this thread for GTI's only or all MK7 Golfs?
My thinking is we should include all. That'll give all of us more info on what's really happening.

People should be sure to include enough detail in the "model" bullet so we can slice and dice the data accordingly.

What does everybody else think?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Having placed an order last night for a MY2016 GTI, I thought we might like to track orders, production, and (eventually) delivery. Better that we all have real-world info in addition to whatever our respective dealers tell us. Reply here; I'll collect the data and post updates periodically. Here's what I think we should track:

• User name
  • Order date
  • Model

So, for me...
  • MBrown
  • 6/17/2015
  • Massachusetts
  • TBD
  • Late August
  • TBD
bbjwvr6
04/21/15 (Ordered) 05/20/15 (Order Created in VW System)
GTI PP-DAP/DCC/LP 6MT
R.I.
2915 (07/13/15)
0815 (August of 15? or 15th of August?)
?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
VWFast96
6/13/2015
GTI S 4D/6MT/LP/Night Blue Metallic
Larry Roesch VW in Bensenville, IL (suburb of Chicago)
Week 33 (August 9)
Week 37 (September 7) according to VW Customer Care rep

When I went in to get the printout today, they inventory manager said they are transitioning to a new system and the production/delivery dates could be bumped up by a few weeks.
For example, he said that what the system is showing to be in Houston (built in Puebla), they already have on the lot.

·
Registered
307 Posts

• User name
  • Order date
  • Model

So, for me...
  • MBrown
  • 6/17/2015
  • Massachusetts
  • TBD
  • Late August
  • TBD
the first post here has a really great spreadsheet for 2015, can adopt for 2016
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7090579-2015-GTI-PP-%96-Countdown-to-Delivery

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OP you should create a shared spreadsheet in Google Docs and put the link here. Thats what we did to track Performance Pack orders.
That way you can see all of the data in one place.
See here for the PP order tracking spreadsheet as a reference.
Great idea.

I'll look at that over the weekend.

·
Registered
416 Posts
If I can be any help here I will, I am the new car manager at the new VW dealership here in Findlay Ohio. All I need is the commission number.
Do you have any information on pricing for 2016? Do you have order guides that are more recent than the ones from April?

Do you know whether the 8" Discover Pro will be available on the Autobahn or will all trim levels have the same 6.5" display?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
This has been a pretty great spread sheet, can adopt for 2015
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...OOI/edit#gid=0
Original post: Link doesn't work. :(

Updated post: Found one that does! Updating it now.

That spreadsheet is a great start. Kudos to whoever set it up...and thank you for the pointers!

Further updated post: Transcribed what I could from this thread, added a few more columns, posted it to Google docs. If you have the link, you should be able to see it. (I hope!)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CYUjWpGn8P3MLwzJ-plYiMzMDrxbPtQx_DI-m0b7_fU/edit?usp=sharing

Please check what I put in there -- make corrections and additions as necessary. If it's not accessible, please PM me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
CaptMorgan09
Sort of 5/16/2015 **
GTI Autobahn with PP, DCC, LP
Portland, OR
TBD
September
TBD

**I say "sort of" because I ordered a 2015 around the cut over to the 2016s. My dealer called me and said he could order a 2015, but it would come with the Drivers Assistance package which wasn't in my original order. He gave me the option to wait for the 2016 so that the config is built to what I want. I'm now waiting for my local dealership to contact me when the official order guide is released to complete the order.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If I can be any help here I will, I am the new car manager at the new VW dealership here in Findlay Ohio. All I need is the commission number.
I ordered my 2016 around the end of April. Based on my comm# cameronusmc told me my car was just released for production yesterday. From what I've been hearing, that means about another 2 months before I can expect to get the car. That's more info than I've been able to get from my dealer. Thanks cameron.

·
Registered
283 Posts
CaptMorgan09
Sort of 5/16/2015 **
GTI Autobahn with PP, DCC, LP
Portland, OR
TBD
September
TBD

**I say "sort of" because I ordered a 2015 around the cut over to the 2016s. My dealer called me and said he could order a 2015, but it would come with the Drivers Assistance package which wasn't in my original order. He gave me the option to wait for the 2016 so that the config is built to what I want. I'm now waiting for my local dealership to contact me when the official order guide is released to complete the order.
Thanks to cameronusmc2001's quick response, I now know that my original 2015 order was canceled, which was what I expected. So, back to emailing my dealership to ask more questions on if I have a comm # for the 2016 yet.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Updated delivery date of 08/03/15...which is exactly 3 weeks after it's scheduled for production. We'll see.

No VIN, yet. Was hoping to run the VIN through Erwin to get the option codes, but no luck. Anyone know at what point VINs are assigned?

1 - 20 of 471 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.