VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the realistic trade in value for 02 GTI 1.8T?
It has less than 38,000 miles with 17" wheels, leather, premium package, monsoon system, cold package. No mods at all.
The local dealer is offering $11.5k which started at $10.5k.
Based on good condition
Edmunds.com: $11,731
Kelley Blue book: $11,875

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: Trade in value for 02 1.8T? (1stGTI)

usually about $2K UNDER wholesale...forget the blue book, dealers buy/sell to eachother (and trade-in's) in wholesale pricing....
goto an auto auction near you, and see what a similar car at auction brings...

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Re: Trade in value for 02 1.8T? (lsinlv)

Quote, originally posted by lsinlv »
forget the blue book, dealers buy/sell to each other (and trade-in's) in wholesale pricing....

yes they do, i work for my uncle at his gm dealer and just today a wholesaler stopped buy to look at a trade in some old lady had, he does this type of thing all the time, i bought my 02 1.8t for auction price from him, being my uncle, it was at 50,000 miles and we paid 11500 for it, i have the all the same accessories you have just more miles soo your car is probably worth a little more in my opinion

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: Trade in value for 02 1.8T? (02vw1.8turbo)

Quote, originally posted by 02vw1.8turbo »

yes they do, i work for my uncle at his gm dealer and just today a wholesaler stopped buy to look at a trade in some old lady had, he does this type of thing all the time, i bought my 02 1.8t for auction price from him, being my uncle, it was at 50,000 miles and we paid 11500 for it, i have the all the same accessories you have just more miles soo your car is probably worth a little more in my opinion

you are in the business, so you get special treatment/pricing....this does not apply to the general public....and auction prices are NOT comparable to KBB...and ONLY dealers and auctioner/wholesaler's can attend auto auctions.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Trade in value for 02 1.8T? (lsinlv)

Quote, originally posted by lsinlv »

you are in the business, so you get special treatment/pricing....this does not apply to the general public....and auction prices are NOT comparable to KBB...and ONLY dealers and auctioner/wholesaler's can attend auto auctions.....

So, my trade in should be much higher than $11.5K with less miles?
I asked a friend in the business to check the market price anyway.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Trade in value for 02 1.8T? (1stGTI)

According to my contact (general manager at toyota), the fair trade in price is above $12k. He looked at the last weeks auction report. Well, it's always better to be informed from a credible source http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by 1stGTI at 1:26 AM 6-24-2005

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.