VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up a torch red '04 Mustang GT 5spd.
appreciate everyone that has helped me directly and everyone that has helped me indirectly by posting good information.
i had a lot of fun in the gti and i hate to see it go, but i think i'll have a LOT more fun with the new ride. i'd post up pics, but its a red mustang and looks just like the 25 or so red mustangs you see every day.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: traded in my gti today (cbring)

Don't know how many are in Knox. but you'll be pissed one day when a GTI pulls up next to you and blows your doors off.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Re: traded in my gti today (VDUBNDizzy)

Quote, originally posted by VDUBNDizzy »
Don't know how many are in Knox. but you'll be pissed one day when a GTI pulls up next to you and blows your doors off.

Or my corrado

·
Registered
779 Posts

To add insult to injury. It will be Fixed Or Repaired
Daily.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i'll just think about how easy it is for me to power out of corners now

·
Registered
10,102 Posts

You still gonna hang out arent you?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: traded in my gti today (KrautFed)

Quote, originally posted by KrautFed »
You still gonna hang out arent you?

yeah maing. going to Eurofest Nashville next week, where i'll be co-drivin' jbsgti's car at the autocross.
still love the 1.8T's and volkswagens, just had bad experiences with my dealership and with 2nd gear.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts

Quote, originally posted by cbring »
just had bad experiences with my dealership and with 2nd gear.

And VW wonders why it can't get more than 5% of the US market.
As for powering out of turns, it's not a fair comparison, but you're green car didnt' have an LSD, did it?

·
Registered
896 Posts

lol....Mustang...lol, you must be like the coolest kid in high school now huh? http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

And VW wonders why it can't get more than 5% of the US market.
As for powering out of turns, it's not a fair comparison, but you're green car didnt' have an LSD, did it?

the green car didn't/doesn't have an LSD. if i had long term plans for it, i woulda done clutch/flyweel/lsd and beefed up the tranny, but that stuff isn't free and budget s00puh t00nuhs gotta draw the line somewhere.

·
Registered
12,171 Posts

Or any VDUB.

You guys dont hang out around the right mustangs. LOL Im gonna be honest, I wouldnt mind having the new 2005, hell I might buy one. I also would drive and SRT4 as well and at least I can admit it.
If I can get 350hp out of a 1.8t I think I can sure as heck get 400 out of a mustang.
All it takes it money.

Modified by MRP2001GTi at 8:25 AM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
12,171 Posts

How many 400hp GTs do you see? You have to keep in mind were I live, no matter what you drive there are 100 cars just like yours within 10 miles.

Modified by MRP2001GTi at 8:35 AM 5-22-2004

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: traded in my gti today (MRP2001GTi)

Not where I live.
And yes, the new Stangs are HOT. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
4,542 Posts

I've owned 3 Mustangs, the latest being a 2000 GT.
And they are GREAT cars! However they are lacking one thing that my S4 Avant and now my GTi have... a HatchBack! My `91 Stang had a HatchBack, and if they came-out with a new Stang with a Hatchback, I'd be all-over that! Having the hatchback allows me to be practicle while at the same time having it be a high perf car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.