VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Re: Trailer Hitch Availability (S4inSoFla)

not sure of availability but cost will be $695 installed + tax, the hitch system is made just for the T-Reg and Cayenne, so do NOT go to U-Haul for them to jerryrig one up for ya. not recommended
brian

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Re: Trailer Hitch Availability (JohnTT)

Please tell me the towing package has larger or telescoping mirrors?
Unless you are towing a small trailer the standard Touareg mirrors do not appear large enough to do the job. With the 7700+ lb towing capacity
it appears the Touareg can haul a 24' enclosed car trailer with an A1 or A2 in it. The challenge will be seeing around the trailer with the standard Touareg mirrors.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Re: Trailer Hitch Availability (JFN1000)

The electrically operated swing-out hitch that I've seen pictured seems like it would be very elegant, since there would be no loss of departure angle with the hitch retracted.
Unfortunately, I had the impression it might only be an option on the V10. Anyone have any info on possible availability on other versions or on price?

Modified by Outrageous at 10:36 PM 7-4-2003

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Re: Trailer Hitch Availability (vwguild)

Quote, originally posted by vwguild »
They were two-three months out on 5/29/03...A month or two now...

vwguild, what about the mirrors for towing?? Does VW intend to sell mirrors for towing as an accessory? I saw a couple Touaregs the other day at the local dealer and the standard mirrors simply will not work for anything but a very small enclosed trailer or an open one.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Re: Trailer Hitch Availability (charlier)

I would suspect that this item will be added in the near future...I know that it took Dodge some months, if not an entire model year to add this feature to the Durango...
Until then, the convex mirror additions might be the answer...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts