VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Company my dad worked for is shutting down and selling off all property, they asked me if I wanted to buy a double axle enclosed trailer they have since I've recently become a contractor and could use this for tools etc. However there is an issue (go figure.)

Trailer was bought ~12yrs ago and rarely saw the road as it was primarily a storage trailer or used to move welding equipment around their property. They currently cannot find the title and tt appears that the person (who has since passed away) who bought the trailer back then never registered the trailer, they just used tags from other trailers if it ever went on the road.

CLIFF NOTES: they have a trailer that has never been registered to their company and they cannot find the title,

QUESTION: is there anything I can do where I could get the trailer and legally register it?

I live in Pennsylvania

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Well you can try seeing if the manufacturer will send you a duplicate MSO. Some will some won't some have requirements etc..

Second option is filing for a lost title with the DMV. This is probably the easiest bet if said company has/had registered trailers.

Failing that, going legally grey, you can probably title it as a selfbuilt/kit with certs and inspections or register it in a state without a trailer title and/or a permanent plate.

Another option would be to "seize" it legally somehow.

It really comes down to are you getting it cheap enough and do you have enough know how and friends to help you get it legal cheaply enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts