VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up i wanna do a 6 speed swap into my MK2 AND I was wondering what the tranny code is for the 6 speed that comes in the 337 in order to help me hunt down this elusive peice of VW gearshiftery.
thanx.

· Registered
4,441 Posts
Re: Tranny code for the 337 6 speed (slick337)

Quote, originally posted by slick337 »
it's the 02ma, the r32 uses the o2mb, both are the same tho.

Along with the 6 speed VR6 correct? But with the exception that the R has shorter shifting. I know the R32 and VR6 are based on the same 6 cyl, but 3.2 and 2.8, two different cars.

· Registered
33,911 Posts
Re: Tranny code for the 337 6 speed (slick337)

Quote, originally posted by slick337 »
it's the 02ma, the r32 uses the o2mb, both are the same tho.

Not really. The R32 6-speed manual has to take care of the Haldex coupling also-- so it can't be the same as the 24V VR6.
VR6 and 4-banger 02M family have different bellhousings.
And...there is a 3-letter tranny code, which I'm trying to figure out.
6-speed FWD-TDI are DRW

· Registered
3,939 Posts
Re: Tranny code for the 337 6 speed (thisonefoo)

Quote, originally posted by thisonefoo »
Along with the 6 speed VR6 correct? But with the exception that the R has shorter shifting. I know the R32 and VR6 are based on the same 6 cyl, but 3.2 and 2.8, two different cars.

The R32 is basically a stroked 2.8L

· Registered
4,984 Posts
Re: Tranny code for the 337 6 speed (GT17V)

Quote, originally posted by GT17V »

Not really. The R32 6-speed manual has to take care of the Haldex coupling also-- so it can't be the same as the 24V VR6.
VR6 and 4-banger 02M family have different bellhousings.
And...there is a 3-letter tranny code, which I'm trying to figure out.
6-speed FWD-TDI are DRW

All 02M/MQ350 family share the main casing and the dual ring gear set up. The R32 (and 6 speed tt quattros) have bell housings that allow for the haldex propshaft. But the basic 'guts' are the same. The three letter codes usually identify what gearing choices are inside the gear box. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
699 Posts
Re: Tranny code for the 337 6 speed (GT17V)

The code is ERR, I believe. I looked it up on the bentley and pretty sure that's the code on the tranny. The gear ratio's and final drive changed a bit through the years, but not much change beside the bell housing, gear ratio's.

· Registered
33,911 Posts
Re: Tranny code for the 337 6 speed (briang)

Quote, originally posted by briang »

All 02M/MQ350 family share the main casing and the dual ring gear set up. The R32 (and 6 speed tt quattros) have bell housings that allow for the haldex propshaft. But the basic 'guts' are the same. The three letter codes usually identify what gearing choices are inside the gear box. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

the FWD VR6 02M and 4-banger 02M still have a different bell housing. Someone posted the difference a while back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.