VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been cursed by being the owner of an AUTOMATIC VW, i know i hang my head in shame

anyhow, when the car is cold the damn thing will not switch outta first and into second unless i get it past 4k revs, at which point it kicks into 2nd.....then it'll stay in secondfor quite some times until it switches to 3rd on its own.
if it switches 1-2 and i come to a stop, the car again will stay in first unless its revved past 4k
i sit there every morning warming the car up for a good 4-5 mins, and this still happens sometimes....its quite annoying
any ideas on what i can do....please dont say get a 5spd, bc i am going to and i need to get this thing fixed so i can sell it

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Re: Tranny Concerns (DrEvil)

max over off oxnard st. is a good person to have fix it. seems to know his stuff. me never had to. there is a guy in classifieds local selling a gti for $500, local.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Tranny Concerns (hybrid gti 2)

Quote, originally posted by hybrid gti 2 »
max over off oxnard st. is a good person to have fix it. seems to know his stuff. me never had to. there is a guy in classifieds local selling a gti for $500, local.

max on oxnard huh?
what part of oxnard? its a pretty long street (runs for quite a few miles)
also there a tons of mechanics on that street, so more specific if you could

and also i wanna try and figure out what it can be before i go in somewhere and have them tell me i need a new tranny or some BS like that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts