VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transmission is definately going out, I changed the fluid a little over a month ago with a new filter, i'm changing the fluid again and adding some mobile 1 conditioner for less slippage, im wondering if its ok to just re-use the filter i have in it or just get another one, is it safe or should i change it again?

BTW i know i need a new tranny, its being put in in about a month or so but the current one will not last another week so this must be done.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
FV-QR

If you are just trying to get a few more miles out of the trans, there are a few things you can do.

Type F is one, but I have never tried it on a Mk3 auto. It is thinner and will engage the clutch packs faster (harsher) reducing wear, to help them limp by longer as that is about all you can do if they are going out. I have done 50/50 in most apps with decent results.

The TSC Tractor hydraulic fluid is another trick, but again, never tried it in a VW auto.

Most dump in products are about worth their weight in dog dirt. Seal swellers and thinners is about all most are.

01m autos are pretty unexplored, so YMMV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.