VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone identify this mount. It's advertised as a A2-A3 heavy duty transmission mount. It sure looks OEM to me, could it be a TDI mount or something like that???

[Modified by Supercharged VR6, 2:18 PM 4-6-2002]

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Re: Tranny mount question (Supercharged VR6)

oh, hard to tell from the picture, it does look a bit different than my OEM unit, this one seems not as "tall"... also the OEM is jelly filled which makes it a bit flexible, can't really tell if this one is solid rubber or some setup....

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Re: Tranny mount question (Supercharged VR6)

The only thing that looks different is the ends were the mount bolt up to the subframe other than that it looks like OEM to me

·
Registered
347 Posts
Re: Tranny mount question (dohc)

So, when is the good time to replace the original OEM mount, after 50K, 100K miles?

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Re: Tranny mount question (Astroboy)

i just installed this mount, it kicks ass! i didn't get any added vibration and teamed up with my stage III turn2 mounts my engine is ROCK solid! this is different from OEM because it is solid rubber, not jelly filled. i've ripped through two OEM mounts since i got my motor mounts, so this is a must if you get new motor mounts. actually, my first OEM tranny mount was thrashed when i bought the car with 55k miles with stock motor mounts, so chances are if you have around 60k you should think about replacing it with a more solid mount. it's kinda a bitch to change the first time, but not that hard once u do it once or twice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.