VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago my moms transmission went....again!!! I was basically wondering if anybody else has had a problem with the Chevrolet Subutban Transmissions...hers is a 2001 with the V8, and autoride suspension...it went for the first time, and then no more than a week later it went again...and it feels like it is about to go for the third time, its been about three weeks since the first one went....anybody else got these problems??? BTW it only has 30,xxx miles on it...

·
Registered
2005 S2000, 2019 G70 6MT, 2019 i3 REX, 2003 XC70
16,728 Posts
The tranny "went"? Where did it go?
Seriously, I think you need to get a little more specific than "went".

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (GTI 20v)

The first time it went, a hose broke, and leaked tranny fluid all over the transmision (the parts that shouldn't have fluid on them), and rebuilt it...and the sent time it was suck in neutral, and they weren't able to remove it from nuetrel even though it showed it was in drive, and this last time they said that salt water was rotting the ecu, so that replaced that as well...how can salt water rot the ecu anyways, are they sealed up pretty well from the elements...

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Re: (GTI 20v)

Also, did you take it to the same dealer? Could it be a remanufactured trans? Could it be the installation? What did they do with the diff?
I had the trans replaced in my GMC two months ago, and it dies three weeks later. Come to find out they used a remanufactured trans and they didn't get a good one.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (mtrainVR6)

Yeah as i said all they did was rebuild it...although i am starting to gte worried b/c we only have 6,000 miles left on the warrenty...BTW we did take it to the same dealer...

·
Banned
12,115 Posts

Just read your reply. Find a new dealer. Salt water in the ECU?!
Tranny fuid on parts that shouldn't have any? Umm, hello, the whole damn thing is filled with the stuff.
It also sounds like the adjustments are all out of whack.
Bottom line: find a new dealer. NOW.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yeah thats what i thought are too...i think we are going to give it one more run around before we go back to the other dealer where we used to get our old tahoe serviced...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts