VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ehh.. have not posted any new pics in awhile. Over the winter ditched VR front spoiler in favor of 16v, finally started fitting the Porsche handles I have been setting on for over two years, relayed the headlights, new stainless steel buttonhead fender bolts, redline goods brake boot, new speakers, all new bumper clips ect... nothing major this year, hopefully next year.

· Registered
4,846 Posts
Re: Tribute to me. (heathens)

you need the thin gasket for the small end of the handles. A Porsche dealer should still have them.
You can make the lock cylinders sit flush but you have to orient them vertically if you're using vw lock cylinders. If you use Porsche ones they'll sit flush horizontally but you have to rekey them...no biggie. The reason is because the notch in the lock cylinders is in a different spot on the cylinders between the VW and Porsche and on the handles themselves the cut out arched area is different as well.

Modified by Shawn O at 10:29 AM 8-19-2006

· Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Tribute to me. (Shawn O)

Glad to see you still check out the threads in here Shawn. I was actaully going to send you a IM to find out how you got your cylinders to sit flush. Never even paid any attention to your cylinder sitting vertically in there. Yea I still need to pick up the gasket for the other end.

· Registered
19,774 Posts
Re: Tribute to me. (scooterman)

Nice, but i'm not a huge fan of the painted rubstrips...

It just doens't flow in this picture, it's as if there's too many 'colours' (red, chrome/polish, body colour, black, white...)

Modified by Big Dac With Fries at 7:03 PM 8-18-2006

Modified by Big Dac With Fries at 7:03 PM 8-18-2006

· Banned
1,615 Posts
Re: Tribute to me. (heathens)

Looks awesome as usual, Jason! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Will I get to see it in person in, MD next month?!?!
Got my lock cylinders to sit pretty much flush as well...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.