VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm wondering if there's some sort of trick to getting the fog light bulbs out. i pulled and tugged and didn't seem like they were wanting to come out of the piece they plug into (i'm talking the physical bulb, from the electrical socket i guess you could call it). i felt like i was applying so much pressure on the bulb to try to get it out that i'd smash the thing. is there some sort of trick? they're both burnt out so i'm wondering if the genious who owned the car before me put the right bulbs in . . .? help! thanks.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Re: trick to pulling fog light bulbs out? (pbundy)

The foglight from the big bumpers right? First you twisted the black backing off, then you unclipped the light bulb from the housing, right. Then all you have to do next is pull the bulb wire from the inside of the black backing to disconnect the bulb.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: trick to pulling fog light bulbs out? (jamaicula)

yeah, i got up all the way to the point of pulling the bulb out, which i figured would be easy enough said, yea? well, for some reason, it doesn't want to come out. and like i said, i don't want to apply so much pressure that i smash the bulb with my fingers . . . any advice?
i tried moving it back and forth . . . it just didn't want to move.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts

You did move the clips that hold the bulb in place right? If so, after you remove the metal retaining clip it should just fall out.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: trick to pulling fog light bulbs out? (jamaicula)

so i found my problem. i was trying to remove the physical bulb, the glass, from the metal piece it went into. no wonder it wasn't moving. i went and had my bro take a look and he was like wow, that was easy, then holds out his hand to me from underneath the car and i realized the mistake i had made. oops. so got the bulbs replaced, and after almost a year, i've got fog lights now!!! how simple that would have been if i had actually listened and checked the bulbs instead of worrying about switches and relays.

so here they are, lookin' mean!
http://albums.photo.epson.com/...83861
http://albums.photo.epson.com/...83862

·
Registered
4,229 Posts

Use 55 watt bulbs only. Anything over that and you risk melting the foglight bulb housing.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

hey, here's a question, why does the fog light switch click twice? it seems to me they're either on, or off . . . and that the different clicks don't change anything? so why does it click twice?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
i was wondering this too. i got a fog switch in the mail as i am adding fogs to my car and i was suprised when i saw it clicked twice!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (AHarmes5)

anyone know the answer? why is it that the fog light switch clicks twice when there doesn't seem to be anything different happen?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (PDXGTI8V)

ok. well awesome! puzzle solved! and if i ever decide to drive backwards, and feel the need for a rear fog, i'm set!
just joking.
thanks!

·
Banned
7,560 Posts
Re: (pbundy)

Quote, originally posted by pbundy »
ok. well awesome! puzzle solved! and if i ever decide to drive backwards, and feel the need for a rear fog, i'm set!
just joking.
thanks!

No problem, i'm FULL of useless info....

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Re: (pbundy)

Quote, originally posted by pbundy »
just joking.
thanks!

While he is full of useless info... he was correct on this count. On the euro-spec tailights, there's a place for a rear fog. The idea is it's a bright red light to grab the attention of the moron behind you in the fog.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
7,560 Posts
Re: (vwgti1986)

Quote, originally posted by vwgti1986 »

While he is full of useless info... he was correct on this count. On the euro-spec tailights, there's a place for a rear fog. The idea is it's a bright red light to grab the attention of the moron behind you in the fog.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

There he goes calling me a moron again
.......oh, wait, youre talking about a driver behind you in the fog......
i really must get those bifocals soon........

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Re: (PDXGTI8V)

Quote, originally posted by PDXGTI8V »
There he goes calling me a moron again
.......oh, wait, youre talking about a driver behind you in the fog......
i really must get those bifocals soon........

I won't refer to you as a moron too quickly. More fun to note your tendency towards lechery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts