VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting for a friend here. He has spent sooo much time on his car and everything is maticulously done, but we have one small running issue. It is a 1992 Jetta with 2.0 crossflow swap running a k24 turbo with turbo diesel exhaust manifold. He is running stock injectors with two extra injectors EIC unit. We've put the smoke machine on to eliminate all vacuum leaks. The only problem is on warm starts(15min or so after parking) it starts fine and then within 5-6 seconds it stalls out slowly. You restart it and it does the same thing. It will do this for 4-6 starts and then just when you think #7 start is coming it runs perfect. Lots of power and good boosted pull. He's running 6psi right now. He's running the stock Digi ECM and never had this probelm before. Any ideas? more info? Help a fellow dubber if you can. Thanks for your time.
This is his setup.

Modified by rkrueger at 3:13 AM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Re: Tried everything. Need some help with this boost baby! (rkrueger)

i had issues similar with my o2 sensor, also check your coolant temp sensor (blue one on the coolant neck coming out of head). those two sensors wreak havoc on the digi 2.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Tried everything. Need some help with this boost baby! (MidnightGLI)

I know that he has already tested the O2 sensor. It is good. We have swapped new blue(temp) sensors in and out. We thought maybe his 2 extra EIC injectors were leaking, but once we got the new ones we realized they were fine. We've tried new ECM and FUEL relays. Replaced the wire set with Nology. Installed new transfer pump in tank. We are running out of ideas. Help.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Tried everything. Need some help with this boost baby! (TBT-PassatG60)

I'm not sure how they deemed it good, but I know they were mentioning a voltage change and that seemed to prove their theory. What would be an indication of a bad 02 sensor at this time? Should they be testing it any particular way? I know the air/fuel guage shows richer than normal at THIS time.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know somebody out there has to have some ideas. It's getting to the point where once running the car is perfect, but this is just an annoying problem. Any ideas?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Last night i was with steve and we disconnected the blue temp sensor and the starting seems fine. The car will run fine until i plug the temp sensonr back on. The sensor has been replaced twice.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Re: (nimbusmk1)

Gotta bring this one back to the top because I am having the EXACT same issue with mine now.
Cold Start - No problems.
Warm Start - As described by poster.
Just have a stock Jetta GL 1.8.
It just passed emmissions 2 weeks ago
Brand new CTS.
Cleaned throttle body and all components attached.
Cleaned ISV
Cleaned PCV
Checked wiring

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Re: (LewsCabbyTherin)

Quote, originally posted by LewsCabbyTherin »
Gotta bring this one back to the top because I am having the EXACT same issue with mine now.
Cold Start - No problems.
Warm Start - As described by poster.
Just have a stock Jetta GL 1.8.
It just passed emmissions 2 weeks ago
Brand new CTS.
Cleaned throttle body and all components attached.
Cleaned ISV
Cleaned PCV
Checked wiring

Blue coolant temp sensor. Go to the dealership, and buy a new one.
Both of you. If you got one before, and it fix it after you replaced it, you could have a problem with the wiring itself. Be meticulous. This is your problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts