VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guy's and Gal's im having a odd problem that has come into play the last week or so . after driving around for 30 min or so and if i go to gear down when heading up to a light i press in the clutch and bang rpms drop off and motor stops running but i since im moving i just pop it into second and it fires back up.
anyone else ever had a problem like this ?
my water injection comes on at 7 psi max boost is 15 but im getting some leaks at the moment and i see about 10 to 12 . you think my water injection could be flooding the motor with water and killing it at low rpms ?
thanks Andre

· Registered
13,236 Posts
Re: Tried Search have a odd problem (wolf rocco)

Are you sure it is not something as simple as the Idle too low? I had a similar problem when the A/C was on becuase the Idle was too low when engaged. Upped the idle a bit and all is well.
I think it can take a second for the Idle switch to stablize the ISV and when the idle is too low, the car can stall. This is just an assumption based on my experience.
Other thoughts:
- What is your CO POT
- are you sure you are not too rich when gearing down causing the engine to load up a bit? However, if you are gearing down and your foot is off the gas and idle switch engaged, Fuel should be completely cut off to the injectors (Decel Fuel Cut out) so this would likely not be an issue.
Shawn

· Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Tried Search have a odd problem (sdezego)

its odd idle is set up at 1100 to 1200 my set screw is lose so it tends to get higher after driving so i just put it back in and put it about 1000 rpms

also i dont have a ISV

· Vendor
1,999 Posts
Re: Tried Search have a odd problem (wolf rocco)

I'd disconnect the water injection temporarily and see if the same thing happens. That's very simple advice, but you can eliminate that variable immediately and go from there. It sounds more like you've got a vacuum leak or something, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.