VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trophy Jetta Value

Hey,

I recently picked up a 1989 Jetta Trophy edition. I know these are stupid rare, especially in good condition.

Out of curiosity, what would these be valued at in near showroom condition? I have pics I can post if interest arises. Also looking for other Trophy owners for any info and to see the cars.

Thanks.

EDIT

link to pics

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bb5KEm9Jw8LdVtCh7

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Value for these is hard to nail down I've found. In the end, they're only "worth" what someone will pay really. Are you asking because you're looking to sell? Depending on how clean it actually is (wheel arches, gas door, underside, etc) I've seen them go for $2-3K usually. But again, its still a 30 year old obscure VW :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Value for these is hard to nail down I've found. In the end, they're only "worth" what someone will pay really. Are you asking because you're looking to sell? Depending on how clean it actually is (wheel arches, gas door, underside, etc) I've seen them go for $2-3K usually. But again, its still a 30 year old obscure VW :D
Not sure what I want to do with it. If offered a good price, I would consider selling. The car is mint. Not a spec of rust on it, runs like a top without any issues. All original too, even paint which I found surprising. Mostly just a feeler to see if anyone even has one of these, since they're rare.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Pictures look decent, looks like the previous owner added some stuff to it like the mudflaps and door handle guards and sunroof guard. I had one before in the early 2000s but it eventually succumbed to the rust monster. I was able to part it out to a couple other Trophy owners at the time to help a couple other live on.

If youre seriously open to selling, shoot me a PM with what youre looking for and we could chat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Had one for 11 years. Would love to see pics of one in really good shape.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is this the same car that Pfaff was trying to sell for $49K and then they ended up selling it on Bring a Trailer instead?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts