VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running larger or more aggressive tires on their tregs?
i wanna run BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KOs- i have been using these for years on my eurovan and like 'em, but they do not offer the stock size for my new to me 05 treg.

what sizes are you guys going with?
post some pics!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: truck tire sizes (pcav)

Many folks are running the BFG AT KO's in 265/70-17 (31.8" diameter) on either the factory 17" wheels or AT Italia S5 17" wheels. I'm personally running 265/70-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on mine with the factory 17" Canyons and have no rubbing at all. The 31.8" diameter is as large as you can go, as beyond that you will have rubbing.
Grove City PA, huh? I'll probably be down there to the mall when I'm back that way at Christmas (in a rental, not the T), as I'm from near Youngstown and will be back home over the holidays.
Matt

·
Registered
164 Posts
Re: truck tire sizes (pcav)

I used to run the Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVOs and they were far superior to eh BFGs especially in terms of noise, rain and snow. Though, I think the BFGs were better off-road. This was a different vehicle than the T-reg but I thought it would be worth mentioning since the Bridgestone tire while an A/T is a bit more road friendly than the BFG and may suit less hardcore T-reg owners.
But which size and what is available. I am not sure as I was running 31x10.5 R15 at the time.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: (pcav)

People I've seen running the Revos on 17's are typically running 265/65-17 or 245/70-17. According to the specs, a 265/70-17 Revo should work fine as well, being a similar size to the Nittos or BFGs.
Matt

·
Registered
773 Posts

If you're referring to the pics from Anza Borrego, the Touaregs are stock steelies except for the tires. The Rubicon is basically showroom stock with a brush bumper. The FJs are nowhere near stock, having too many mods to even list.
Are you going with the Nittos? Mine are the 265/70-17 as aforementioned, and are working very well for me.
RvDUB, good to see you post over here. Hope all is well with the fam!
Matt

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

OK im dum from reading the post i see you are the BLUE one! my wife was all "we cant do that in OUR car."
i was all, "surewe can."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.