VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #283 (Edited)
So last week I got the front driveshaft made. I went down to a local shop that has built a ton of 4x4 shafts and had them take a look at my angles etc. They were very unconcerned with any crazy driveline angles and said that a 1350 with 4 inches slip would be fine. I did go with 2 1/8th .188 wall tubing. Can rest my truck on it!

We then loaded up the family and headed up to the Sequoias for a weekend. We were staying at a lodge with childcare so the wife and I took the opportunity to do a little snow wheeling. Well, I took the opportunity and made her come along. We drove to a trail and did a little snow shoeing.

The drive in around 10 was uneventful and pretty simple.

I did get a little stuck driving up some hills but was able to get out fairly easily

When I finally got stuck, we decided to go snow shoeing and I would deal with it when I got back

Well, by the time we got back the snow had got a lot softer and I was burying the truck every ten feet. Then began the winch marathon.

The stinger does double as a nice storage for the winch rope. I am airing up my tires with the compressor at this point

Truck, cruised all the way back on the freeway. Getting between 10-14 mpg, it was eating up the freeway until.......

something on the road that I never saw just took huge slice out of my sidewall. It was only losing air when the slice was down, so I decided to drive and air up with the compressor every thirty minutes or so.

At the bottom of the grapevine I decided that I needed to swap the spare on. Prob was the spare is a 37, they don't make a 38 x 17 anymore so I had to pull the good front tire, move it to the back, remove the bad rear tire and put the spare on the front.

At least I know that my bumper works as a lift point like I intended

Never go on a road trip without my impact. This thing is awesome.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #287 (Edited)
So, on my way back from my sierra trip, I picked up some road debris as detailed above. As BFG decided to discontinue this tire (the 38 KM2) and people who had 1 decided they wanted $1k for a tire it was in my best interest to just get four new. I wasn't too stoked at the sudden bill but can't be helped. I am gonna save two of the KM2's and use them on a M101A3 off road trailer build and keep one for a spare and sell the 37

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Took the truck down to Baja for a week of beach camping, spear fishing, wheeling and hanging out. The wind was crazy fierce but we had a good time and truck rocked with over 1200 miles, half of those in Mexico. Kids and wife slept which is saying a lot when you consider the noise of the flow masters.

Some cool driftwood I couldn't pass up

My kids are rock stars

https://vimeo.com/161729202

https://vimeo.com/161729249

https://vimeo.com/161729296

·
Registered
658 Posts
Dude wtf is that creepy fish skeleton/fossil thing with the teeth?!?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Painted the trans tonight. Still need to do the pan but it is coming together. I am mocking up all the lines as I want to run -AN and braided wherever I can.

Soikeo365 là trang chuyên cập nhật các thông tin soi keo bóng đá mới nhất hiện nay tại các giải đấu như Ngoại Hạng Anh, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, World Cup, Champions League, Europa League, Asian Cup, AFF Cup. Tại Soikeo365 bạn có thể xem thêm các thông tin như tỷ lệ kèo, tin tức bóng đá, link sopcast và các kinh nghiệm soi kèo từ các chuyên gia.

281 - 298 of 298 Posts