VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may be nothing to most of you but it made my day and I felt like I had to share it with everyone I know. Well I was at work and I saw a VW pull up so naturally I went and check it out and it said BORA I was in shock I was thinking maybe a rebadged Jetta or something so this guy and his wife and his kids come in and I have to seat them, its my job, this guys is obviously German you can tell by her German accent and the fact that his whole family is speaking german. Well all I could say to him is nice car he told me thanks
I went and checked it out and for sure it was a real bora different trunk, tails, euro bumper strip, and holes in the headrests...it was a TDI which was less than impressive but none the less it was an awesome thing and it made my day. Also from what I remember the DI was red with the T was normal on the rear badge is this normal? Well Im vented

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: True BORA spotting (dex)

no sorry but I dont think someone would go through all of that trouble to make it look like a stock BORA... we have a lot of Germans here because of the military base so it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Re: True BORA spotting (2002GTI)

Well, if it had a red DI and silver T then it was a 115hp TDI PD. Less than impressive? No, don't think so! I would KILL to have a TDI PD motor.
I wonder how his engine is holding up on our high sulfur diesel fuel? He's probably gonna need to have his intake cleaned big time and his injectors replaced when he gets back to Germany.
For the TDI coloring, it goes like this:
TDI All silver - 90hp (like the NA model)
TD (silver) I (red) - 110hp
T(silver) DI (red) - 115hp Pumpe Düse
TDI (all red) - 130hp Pumpe Düse

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Re: True BORA spotting (edkim)

quote:[HR][/HR]For the TDI coloring, it goes like this:
TDI All silver - 90hp (like the NA model)
TD (silver) I (red) - 110hp
T(silver) DI (red) - 115hp Pumpe Düse
TDI (all red) - 130hp Pumpe Düse[HR][/HR]​
Almost correct

TDI = 90hp
TDI = 110hp (discontinued in 2000, I believe)
TDI = used on 100hp and 130hp PD
TDI = 150 hp PD

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: True BORA spotting (kyokoris)

Actually I forgot what he ordered I was too busy looking at his car
btw do they offer that color here, it was the light blue I forgot the name of it perhaps Jazz blue Im not sure. But if he tossed those steelys and dropped it it would look great with that color. Come to El Paso and we can go on a adventure trying to find that guy. I mean I check out every VW that I see and boy do I see a lot since I'm right by Mexico and it finally paid off. Also pretty much every VW here its stock, just some mom or dad taking their family to soccer practice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.