VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my trunk will not close. i have no idea how this problem started but it just kinda happened. the trunk lid sits normally but it does not seem to lock when it should. the locking mechanism seems to work properly but it just doesnt seem to go down far enough to click.
any ideas?
thanks

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Re: trunk does not close -- anyone ever seen this problem? (mkapz00)

sometimes mine akts up like that, you just gotta get real and smack it around, i highly recommend the double back bit ch slap

in all seriousness, try opening it again, and just shutting it a little harder, you might also have to move the hoop where it latches onto up a little, IIRC there are 2 bolts holding it in place, i think that's right, but it isn't hard to do, i had to do it to another car couple months ago.
hope this helps ya, let me know if it doesn't

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: (hoveraudi)

I'm having the same problem. What it looks like is that the servo or whatever you want to call it that pushes/pulls the locking latch is stuck open. I popped off the "linkage rod" that actually connects to the latch so I can manually set it to latch. I rigged up a rope to the child saftey release so I can reopen it to fix it when I find a solution...which is why i'm here

Does anyone know what fuse (if any) is responsible for that part? The next step is to take it in for service. (It's an 05 Jetta (old body style) GL FYI)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Re: (jcblitz)

Quote, originally posted by jcblitz »
Does anyone know what fuse (if any) is responsible for that part? The next step is to take it in for service. (It's an 05 Jetta (old body style) GL FYI)

you might wan to try the VW forums. this is the audi forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.