VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got the ol wingless 2.0 in the back yard and I want to put that trunklid on my vr6 (i dont like wings) the cars are the same color but I have a feeling they aren't going to match very well. What do you guys think?
I'll be swapping the taillights and all that shiot. Is it a lot of work to align the lid and is there a lot of wiring to deal with?
any input welcome before I start the swap.
thanks, blake

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: trunk lid swap (28)

alright well i'm going to go and try this. It looks like all I have to deal with is trunk release cable on one side and the wiring for the lights on the other side. and the bolts that hold it on.
and probably the color not matching.
blake

·
Registered
12,101 Posts

it should match up.........hey on your smashed 2.0 does it have ac and all the goodies...because i need a heater controll unit....let me know please IM me http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
56 Posts

I bought a GL trunk at a junkyard to replace mine with a wing. Bolts straight up, 1/2 hour job if your motivated. Stealth is good.

[Modified by nankles, 11:59 AM 12-1-2001]

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: trunk lid swap (nankles)

I got it done today, easy swap. anyone want to buy a red wing?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

How does your GLX trunk look? Mine is rusted, and I am looking for a black GLX trunk...
Thanks,
-- Whol

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: trunk lid swap (Wholsea)

i love my wingless glx.
my glx trunk isnt rusted or anything. I dont know if i can sell it though.
what state are you in, I'm in IOwa

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.