VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CC Luxury 2010 Jetta Wolfsberg
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to add a carbon fiber look lip spoiler to my 2010 Wolfie. I couldn’t even find an own part number, and all of the post that I have found reference eBay posts from years ago. Has anyone recently added a lip spoiler to their MKV Jetta? And if so, how did you acquire it?
Much thanks!

·
Registered
10,454 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate you chiming in. All input considered. Actually have started to convince myself that the stock candy white due to the fact that I want a stock looking lip. The Corbin fiber look ones I have found are different enough that I’m loosing interest.
Maybe down the road I’ll consider dipping or wrapping a stock one.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have a carbon "look" one sitting on my garage shelf for my 09. It came in a roll, really just rubber with carbon appearance. It's surprisingly heavy, a bit dissapointed about that.

Bought from ebay. Hard to argue with $19 or whatever it was.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ve seen those, and have to say I like the look and shape….
Minus one thing.
They arent finished on the ends and require a cap piece that I don’t like the look of.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yeeeap. I was kinda dumb and didn't notice that from the pics. Since the sale ad said it was for a jetta, I figured it was pre made to the right length. Nope, gotta cut it up myself. I also dont like the thought of adding 4 lbs of weight to my trunk lid. I just wanted a lightweight stick on lip.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Nice find. That one's Candy White. If I could find an NOS OEM one in Campanella White I'd be all set.
Perhaps search the link posted in #2 and find which part # that goes with the paint code you want and the version of spoiler you are looking for(1 piece or the 3 piece or wing) With that number you can do a search on Partsvoice to search dealers that participate and see what you find. Used it years ago to find a NLA part in the US but in Canada they had two at a dealer, they had to get permission from above to release that part out of Canada to send to US.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts