VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today I tried closing my trunk and guess what? Thing wont stay closed!! I tried re triggering the switch to no avail. Did I break it I didnt tamper with it. Is there something I can do without going to the $tealer?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Re: Trunk wont close! (clint)

Is is not shutting all the way, or will it not go in the latch.
Sometimes you can flip the latch close on the lid, much like on a door and it won't close till you pop it out with a screwdriver or sumthin

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Trunk wont close! (W0lfsburg4)

It doesnt latch closed. The lid stays shut so I can drive and sometimes it'll even let me arm the alarm. Hitting bumps causes the latch open light to glow. The trunk wont lock at all since its not latched. I'll try the screwdriver but upon first inspection I didnt see anything I can open. I'll look again.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Re: Trunk wont close! (swmacneil)

I had this happen to my gas cap cover. Its probably not the same, but after studying my Bently Manual for a while, I disasembled the entire assembly from the car. In my case it turned out the rod from the little motor that pushes the latch open/shut had come out of the hole it was supposed to be in. So I put it back and everything worked fine.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Re: Trunk wont close! (clint)

I think that I had your problem, if it is the same. When the trunk is down and you expect the latch to catch it doesn't? If this is the case you have to pull up the cover where the lock is and you'll be able to see the locking mechanism and all. Basically you have to reset the latch, this doesn't not require any tools. It's hard to explain but here's my try. the part that you have to reset has a little black cylinder shape piece on the end of the part, all you have to do is pull it gently and that is all. it should reset. hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.