VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I have had problems with my door locks. Lately, in order to lock the car, I have to unlock it first, then proceed to lock it. It's not a big deal.... However, now, my trunk will not open.
When I left the button on the driver side, I hear it "clicking" like it usually does. When I hold the middle button of my key, I also hear the "clicking." But when I left the latch, the trunk is still locked.
Any suggestions on how I can physically open it? Does anyone know how much it will cost to take it to get fixed? Please help. It sucks loading groceries through the side doors. Thanks
I put the key and no luck. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Re: Trunk won't open.. (mrkulit9977)

i had something like that happen to me too. Well, the key should pysically open the locking mechanism. However in my situation, what had happened was that in the mechanism itself there is a plastic piece inside to keep from things rubbing, anyways that what jammed the locking mechanism from opening. in order to do anything, you need to climb in the trunk, get a philips screw driver and take out the upper carpet that's attached to the trunk lid in order to figure out what's really going on. If you not very mechanically inclined, then id suggest to find someone that can do it, cause it took me a couple of hours to figure out what happened.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Trunk won't open.. (mrkulit9977)

any luck with this.....i have the same problem with my '02 GTI. I hear the click when i use either the interior switch or the remote. When I put the key in and turn it the whole cylinder trurns. I need to know how to get at the assemble so that i can check the linkage. I tried yesterday (95°F), sweat my balls off and got no where. I was trying to take the panel off from the interior and it seems that some of the clips are on the under side of the hatch meaning that you need to have the trunk open to remove it????? anyone have the manual cut of the trunk?

·
Registered
274 Posts
there are little phillips head screws, take those out and then pull the carpet liner off. i just had a problem where my trunk wouldn't shut. had to buy a new lock mechanism from vw and put it in. rather easy, just two bolts
if the latch/lock is what's wrong w/ your car toss me an im and i'll get the part# for you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.