VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Didn't know if anyone knew the best/easiest way to go about replacing the bank 1 sensor. Autozone scanned it. I got the part. Next step I was gonna take was to drop my exhaust and cat and take a look cuz I'm not exactly sure where this said "bank 1 sensor" is. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
no need to drop the exhaust, bank 1 is the first o2 sensor closest to the engine. the p3081 could be an indication your thermostat is sticking open.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok. Now by closest to the engine are you talkin in the engine bay or still underneath the car along the exhaust system? I'm outside right now lookin. Haha. :thumbup: how would I go about checking the thermostat issue?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
on the exhaust, the one clser to the engine before the cat. converter. clear check engine light and see if code comes back for the cooling system

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey bud. You're the only one so far who has replied but I'm lost on where the plastic plug goes to. It was a busy week and some at work so I was only able to get under the car yesterday. I found the sensor but just need the plug location. Haha. Hoping you reply. :thumbup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok cool. So now knowing that. Where does the plastic computer type plug go when the sensor is in? I can feel the wire to follow it but I can't find on the car where it unplugs. Pretty much all I need to know now and then clear the code and see if its gonezo. Haha. Thanks for the input fellas.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found and is already to go. Will he done tomorrow. At work now. The plug is covered by the little plastic off-whitish cover under there. Thanks for the help. Recommendation, get a O2 wrench or one with a neck and join to get under there. Cramped. :beer:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
O2 wrenches are cheap at Autozone, it's worth a couple bucks for it - even if you are only going to use it once.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O2 wrenches are cheap at Autozone, it's worth a couple bucks for it - even if you are only going to use it once.
Yup. Exactly what I did. 22mm and boom 5 minutes and she was off. Just ended up keeping the wrench and not gettin my deposit back. So yeah. Well worth the 25 bucks. Back one is next. Woo. Woo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
code fixed?

did changing the o2 senso clear the p3255 code? my 03 gli vr6 just read that code, still trying to figure out the exact cause, not having a VAG-COM scanner is making it a bit tougher

1 - 12 of 12 Posts