VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to tow my 02 Passat 4Motion behind a moving truck--tomorrow, if possible. The moving company only has 2 wheel dollies right now. Does anyone know how I can disengage the driveshaft for the rear wheels? If it's not something that I can do by myself in relatively short order I'll just have to drive the car. But if there's a moderately easy way to do it, I'd love to know. Someone on a Subaru website posted a similar question and someone said they have a fuse you can disengage. Could I be so lucky as to just have to pull a fuse? I'm new to this car and the whole AWD system, unfortunately. Anyone???

·
Registered
203 Posts
02 is B5.5, not B6. Those guys have a completely different AWD setup that's pretty much purely mechanical with a default torque split of 50/50. You could disconnect the driveshaft, I suppose, but that just strikes me as a really bad (and potentially dangerous) idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.