VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Gas Tread Auto part Electric blue

I hit a deer in my mk5 2.5 2007 jetta and I'm trying to figure out what this came off of.Ive looked around the bottom of the motor and the transmission and I cant seem to find a spot this came off of. It looks like its just disconnected,Google lens is just showing me alot of random stuff but I'm about to replace my radiator,ac condenser and other stuff and need to know what this goes to! Please help my fellow vdubbers!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I am not familiar with your Jetta but that looks like the outside temperature sensor( the one responsible for telling you whats the outside temp in your dash). Many VW/Audi's have them attached to the lower grill portion of the front bumper or somewhere around fog lights.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well the part number on it makes it fairly simple. Really no mystery at all. 1j0 973 702 VAG turns up in all sorts of places like E Bay, ECS and even OEM Volkswagen parts sites. But that's just the connector housing part number it looks like the fitting is still attached to it. Pull the fitting out and let's have a look for a part #. Lighting perhaps, wheel, transmission or engine speed sensor all use that connector on some models. Wire colors could be useful in finding it on a wiring diagram. That was some hit!
EDIT: It does look a lot like the outside air temperature probe as said before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts