VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got a PDF of that TSB (C 40-01-01 I think ) for 98/99 Suspension Control arm repairs? I went to the dealer today and he's quoting me $800.00 smackaroos to have my front end suspension fixed. And thats after they finally find something was wrong.
Especially when the previous 5 visits i distinctly told them about the clunking noise i keep hearing when i park the car or do U-turns and couldnt find anything.
I know it was posted on Scotts' vw forum but i can't seem to find it. Please help if you can. TIA

·
Banned
13,061 Posts
Re: TSB for 98/99 suspension noise please? (mephisto)

Here you go...
Technical Bulletin
Important! Please give copies to all your VW Technicians C 40–01–01
2001 Volkswagen of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Information contained in this document is based on the latest information available at time of printing and is subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights of Volkswagen of America, Inc., its affiliated companies and its licensors. All rights are reserved to make changes at any time without notice. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, nor may these materials be modified or reposted to other sites, without the prior expressed written permission of the publisher.
1 of 1
Subject: Passat Front Suspension, Noisy
Model(s): 1998, 1999
Group: 40
Number: 01–01
Date: May. 31, 2001
Condition: Noise from front suspension.
Service
– Install repair kit Part No: 3B0 498 798A, (see Repair Manual CD ROM, Group 40 - Front
Suspension Servicing, Lower front link, removing and installing and Lower rear link,
removing and installing).
This kit includes lower front links and fasteners for both left and right sides. Always install
links on both sides with new fasteners included in kit.
CAUTION!
Part numbers are for reference only. Always check with your Parts Dept. for the latest parts information.
If noise persists, further diagnosis is required. When procedure applies to vehicles within
the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, use the following:
Part Identifier: 4016
Claim type: W2
Labor Operation: 40165600 260 TU
When procedure applies to vehicles outside the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, consult your OTS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts