VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any pictures of this or know if it can be done or not. I am not familiar with the whole fitement game (ie what offsets will work) but i believe these came in either 18s or 19s and the 19s were 9.5 in the rear and 8.0 inches wide in the front with an offset of 32mm (don't know specs for 18inch) and the bolt pattern is 5/112.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (redfred18T)

Quote, originally posted by redfred18T »
you would need adapters. Front will poke out slightly, if the rear is 9.5" there will probably be a lot of poke.

yea i guess i should have clarified that i was wondering if with the offset it could be done without looking stupid. I have an old friend who owns a company now that machines wheel adapters so i could get essentially any bolt pattern or thickness made.
would it poke that much? there are several guys running 10 inch twists

Modified by J-hop at 5:42 PM 7-11-2009

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Re: (J-hop)

Quote, originally posted by J-hop »

yea i guess i should have clarified that i was wondering if with the offset it would could be done without looking stupid. I have an old friend who owns company now that machines wheel adapters so i could get essentially any bolt pattern or thickness made.
would it poke that much? there are several guys running 10 inch twists

Alright I'll do some math for ya haha. But it depends on whether you like the poked look or not.
My wheels are 18x8 38et with a 20mm adapter up front (so a net offset of 18, and 18x9 38et with a 25mm adapter out back (net offset of 13)
if those wheels are 19x8 with a 32 offset (assuming) and a 15mm adapter (pretty much as thin as you can go), you're looking at a net offset of 17 (so it will sit just like the front in my car) and in the back, 19x9.5 32 et you're also looking at a net offset of 17. But since it is 9.5, it will poke out more than 6mm more.
Also, since they are 19's, it will be harder to get the proper stretch imo. You dont see a whole lot of tastefully done 19's on these cars that ahve poke. I think 18 is pushing it IMO.
heres a crappy pic of my car
rear

front

and yes I'm aware I need to go lower lol.

anyways, cliffnotes version: your wheels in 19's would sit around the same in the front, stick out about 5mm more than my rear's, but you have to figure in the extra inch of rim will make it harder to stretch the tire. Not much of a problem up front but can be a pain out back.

my opinion: not the biggest fan of TSW's. For all that work, you could do better. I'd get something with a similar style on rbwheels or memoryfab. Better quality rim (I've seen a few TSW's split) and a good price to boot.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
also a good thing to keep in your mind. the lower offset, the more the wheel sticks out. If you are running adapters, I dont think i would ever go with anything less than a 35 offset (depending on adapter size and rim width.. could vary from 30-50 but I think 35 is a good benchmark).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.