VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a TT 268 cam, hd valve springs, cam gear, and GIAC 268 chip...
im putting this into my 98 jetta 2.0
will this throw a CEL???
if it will... i might send back the cam and go for a less agressive cam.
thanks!

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
Re: TT 268 cam (2pointOHsoSLOW)

It might, but I doubt it. Especially with the GIAC software. I, on the otherhand, have to deal with it due to the miss match it cam/software. GIAC doesn't produce a specific program for the HOR270, so I deal with the light. It's alright.. brightens up the car a bit at night.. easier to see stuff.

Even if your CEL does stay on.. not that big of a deal. More power is a good thing..

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Re: TT 268 cam (AllMotor8v)

quote:[HR][/HR]It only becomes an issue if your state scans you car during emissions testing. I know CT plans on doing this when they start checking again.[HR][/HR]​
damn CA!!!
they already scan your car as a part of a smog test...
I had a CEL for someother reason...
so i just cleared the codes and then didnt turn off the car and had it smogged....

I know that a TT268 with a stock chip will throw a CEL but Im not sure if it will turn on with a GIAC....

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Re: TT 268 cam (2pointOHsoSLOW)

what type of springs are best w/ this cam? im thinking about getting one for my '02 jetta.. my stock lifters should be ok w/ only 18k miles on em eh?

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
Re: TT 268 cam (eisbaer)

Your also dealing with obdi versus obdii. Either way, I really doubt you'll have a problem with the 268.
With regards to the lifter, you should be fine with your existing pieces.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Re: TT 268 cam (TXBDan)

quote:[HR][/HR]what type of springs are best w/ this cam? im thinking about getting one for my '02 jetta.. my stock lifters should be ok w/ only 18k miles on em eh?[HR][/HR]​
techtonics dual springs. also, the stock lifters should be fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.