VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
man just finished the entire thread. Tought my wife was the better one letting me play with my car(s) with the 3 kids and all the stuff that goes along with them. Doin what you do, I'd probably be dead by now (or a toothless bum)

you'll get it sometime soon!

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
I'm trying to talk him out of selling it. :( If he does, hopefully it goes to our buddy in your old stomping grounds in Warner Robins.
Talked him out of it. Told him he needs to finish it so he can drive up to GA for some mountain runs with you and me. Grab a cabin perhaps...:laugh::beer:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Marcus_Aurelius: Haven't checked what's up with Chris in a long time! Hopefully he gets to finish this awesome build sometime soon and finally enjoy driving it.
good news and bad news...TT is being sold this weekend...but the new owner has plans to finish the build asap!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Well, my buddy and I bought this car from Chris and got her from north of Miami to her new home, and rolled her into the garage last night.

~725 miles like this:

and finally into her new spot:

While rolling her down the driveway into the garage, Chris' mechanic abilities, or lack thereof, showed up right on time:

With no front brakes, and the rears only hooked up as an ebrake, we had an interesting time with rolling it off the trailer and down the hill to the drive-in basement garage, in the rain no less. :laugh: Chris said "Oh yeah! I lost one of the caliper bolts, forgot." LMAO

Once we get all the parts layed out and organized, I'll update the thread with some current pics and thoughts on the direction it will take. The moro blue 225 will be daily driven by my buddy, so it will be "detuned" from Chris' original path, and most of the more hardcore parts will make their way into my 01 225 that I've been working on recently. The moro car will likely get an F23/GTT or a small GT/similar eventually, but we need to get it running sooner than later so that means probably stock motor and turbo while we purchase suspension, clutch, software, fueling, etc. More to come in a few days.......

The money shot that doesn't show up in the old pic links anymore....

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Yikes about that bolt! Love the color. Did it rain in it the whole way from Miami as the windows are down? Hope not. Did Chris save the headlights at least? Those buggers are expensive. Surprised Chris never did a stud conversion. So, when is your build thread coming Adam? :cool:

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Yikes about that bolt! Love the color. Did it rain in it the whole way from Miami as the windows are down? Hope not. Did Chris save the headlights at least? Those buggers are expensive. Surprised Chris never did a stud conversion. So, when is your build thread coming Adam? :cool:
Yes, windows were down the whole ride. The TT's shape is pretty good about airflow so not much water made it into the interior. If we had stopped while it was raining, it would be a different story. :laugh: Headlights were included in the purchase, and all stock parts. The hubs have stud conversion already, but Chris kept the wheel lug key, so it's in the mail. :thumbup: I'll start a build thread on my black car soon. Build threads are no fun without progress, and the only thing to show is a stock clean interior (transplanted from my wrecked 180Q to my black 225).

281 - 298 of 298 Posts