VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Re: TT exhaust question (njtrek)

yes, because your car is older than '90. The exhaust for the 16v's and the 90-92 8v's are the same. The older ones are different.

·
Registered
7,526 Posts
Re: TT exhaust question (LVMYGTI)

Quote, originally posted by LVMYGTI »
yes, because your car is older than '90. The exhaust for the 16v's and the 90-92 8v's are the same. The older ones are different.

correct to an extent. The real question is, what are you trying to do?? I took the TT stainless exhaust off my 87 GLI 8V and put it on my 92 GTI 8V, just had to modify the tailpipe, and I had to stretch out the center pipe, as the cat. outlet diameter is different. Really, the main differences in the exhausts depends on what outlet size you have on your cat, and the tailpipe length

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Re: TT exhaust question (Black92EightValve)

Yeah, thats right. The older cars didn't have the big bumpers, and the tail pipe exited at an angle instead of straight back. And the cat outlets were different. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: TT exhaust question (LVMYGTI)

Thanks for the answers. The reason I asked is I had bought an exhaust for my 8v, which I have not yet installed, and was thinking of selling the 8v and buying a 16v. Just wanted to know if I needed to sell the exhaust or if I could use the one I already had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts