VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

421 - 429 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
I just picked up a MK2 TTRS, and I'll slap on the RS3 and MK3 TTRS wheels on to see how they fit. In case you guys want to be adventurous and get a set, I also have a set of RSe10s in 18" form that I'll probably test fit as well. More pics the better ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
Has anyone ever tried 20x10 et40 with 255/30 (at the rear)? Will it rub? Also with -3 h&r springs
Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just picked up a MK2 TTRS, and I'll slap on the RS3 and MK3 TTRS wheels on to see how they fit. In case you guys want to be adventurous and get a set, I also have a set of RSe10s in 18" form that I'll probably test fit as well. More pics the better ;)
The neuspeed RSe10's in 18x9 et45 fit on the TTRS. I got them on mine. They will rub just a scratch on that rear tab if your haven't modified it when your really loaded up on the track but totally fine on the street. It will also depend on the tire too. I have 255/40-18 AD08R's on mine which run quite wide for the size so a tire than doesn't run as wide or have such a square edge like those will probably be fine. they just catch that edge when they are new. Camber setting may also make it miss which mine is currently in the stock setting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Current Ride Height/Projected Ride: 2008 TT S-Line 3.2q Roadster (on OEM sport suspension that is 10mm lower)
Wheel Specs (Height, Width, Offset): 19x8.5 et35 on all corners
Wheel Brand / Model: Volk LE37T
Tire Size: 255/35-19 Pirelli Pzeroes

I'd like to re-use my stock tires from my LeMans wheels.

Can I remount the 255/35-19 tires onto the 19x8.5 et35 wheels without rubbing on OEM S-line sport suspension, rather than buying new 245/35-19 tires?

Or will you say that I can use the 255/35-19 tires if I grind down the rear tab? Could I not grind down the rear tab with minimum rubbing?

Thanks!

421 - 429 of 429 Posts