VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

TT MK2 Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread - Ask all your questions here and post up pictures

383K views 432 replies 139 participants last post by  rkesh88 
#1 · (Edited)
Lately there has been many threads about "Will These Wheels Fit My Car", "Wheel Fitment?", etc.
Not making fun, being a d-bag or getting annoyed - i figured a condensed informative thread like this could make life easier for our newer TT owners and current owners that are looking for a set of wheels but not sure where to start. Keeping everything within this thread will be easier for everyone as they dont have to look at the gazillion threads of wheels/tires on a MK2 TT.

To make it easier to read and organize, lets try to follow the following forms:::

If youre asking a question or seeking info...

Current Ride Height/Projected Ride Height:
2" Drop All Around
Wheel Specs (Height, Width, Offset): 19x9 et50
Wheel Brand & Model: OEM "Potato Peelers"
Tire Size (if appicable): 255-40/19
Question: ask away

or if youre posting what you had/have mounted

Current Ride Height:
Slammed
Final Wheel Specs (Height, Width, Final Offset, PCD): 5x120 18x9 et35
Wheel Brand & Model: BBS Super RSs
Tire Brand & Size (if appicable): Falken 452s 215-40/18 Streched
Additional Hardware (Spacers, Hubrings, Adapters) : 10mm front and rear spacers
Rubbing?: Nope
Pictures: :pic::pic::pic::pic::pic::pic::pic:

Thanks guys :thumbup:

Guide:
BBS LMs 18x9.5 Page 1
HRE M40 19x9 Page 1
BBS RS-IIs - 18x9 Page 1
Privat Akzents - 19x8.5 Page 1
VMR 708s - 19x8.5 Page 1

See less See more
#3 ·
I have '09 GTI OEM rims (17") and want to use them for winter wheels. Here are the specs from tire rack:

225/45-17

Would these fit a TT/TTS? I'm purchasing a TT-RS and I figure a good place to start is to see if they would fit the other models.

#6 · (Edited)
Current Ride Height: At least dropped 2", STD coilovers, next week we are going to change the coils and front shock body to go lower, with room to almost lay frame, hahaha!
Final Wheel Specs (Height, Width, Final Offset, PCD): 5x112 18X9.5 ET 45
Wheel Brand &Model: BBS LM 18X9.5 ET 45
Tire Brand & Size: Falken 912s 225-45r18 Streched
Additional Hardware (Spacers, Hubrings, Adapters) : 5mm front spacers, rears to come next week, might be 10-12mm
Rubbing?: Nope, not yet
Pictures: Sure

#7 ·
Current Ride Height: 3” gap between wheel rim and fender, front and rear
Final Wheel Specs: 5x120; 19x9 et47
Wheel Brand & Model: HRE M40 custom painted hypersilver to match gas cap; OEM Audi centercap
Tire Brand & Size: Nitto Invo 255-35/19
Additional Hardware: Lowered with Eibach Superstreet adjustable coilovers
Rubbing?: Only at sharp righthand up hill corners

#9 ·
It will fit and it shouldn't rub if you don't lower. The 35 et pushes the wheel 17 mm out but the narrow 8" wheel pulls it 12 mm back for a net 5 mm out (like running stock with a 5 mm spacer). The narrower tires (FYI 235 is the "correct" size for an 8" wheel) should give you a little extra margin.

#10 · (Edited)
Ok this is gonna be a long one... ill split it up into a few posts

Current Ride Height:
Slammed - best way to describe it is the adjuster in the rear was removed and about another 3/4" of threads left in the front on H&R Coils
Final Wheel Specs (Height, Width, Final Offset, PCD): 5x112 18x9 et32
Wheel Brand & Model: BBS RS-IIs - 5x120 - 70CB - 47et - Land Rover Fitment :laugh:
Tire Brand & Size (if appicable): Falken 452s 215-40/18 Streched
Additional Hardware (Spacers, Hubrings, Adapters) : Motorsport Tech Custom 15mm adapters 5x120 to 5x112
Rubbing?: Nope, shaved down the rear tab
Pictures:

#11 ·

Current Ride Height:
~1.5" Drop All Around
Final Wheel Specs (Height, Width, Final Offset, PCD): 5x112 19x8.5 35et
Wheel Brand & Model: Privat Akzents (Fake Splits - BBS LM Reps)
Tire Brand & Size (if appicable): Goodyear Eagle F1s 235-35/19
Additional Hardware (Spacers, Hubrings, Adapters) : Hubcentric Adapters
Pictures:

#12 ·
Current Ride Height: ~1.5" Drop All Around
Final Wheel Specs (Height, Width, Final Offset, PCD): 5x112 19x8.5 35et
Wheel Brand & Model: VMR 708s (RS4 Reps)
Tire Brand & Size (if appicable): Goodyear Eagle F1s 235-35/19
Additional Hardware (Spacers, Hubrings, Adapters) : Nada
Pictures:

#14 ·
Current Ride Height/Projected Ride Height: stock or maybe 1.5" H&R springs
Wheel Specs (Height, Width, Offset): 18x8 ET35 all around
Wheel Brand & Model: Kinesis K28's
Tire Size (if appicable): 235/30/18
Question: Would this fitment look too small because of only being 8" wide.

really debating to stay 18" and lower a little bit vs. going 20" and not lowering

#15 ·
honestly, being one of the the few pushing the envelope with aggressive wheel fitment on here (i know it probably doesnt mean much speaking thru a computer screen :beer::beer::beer::beer:), but i feel that 20s are a little way too much wheel for the car. has it been done? of course...does it look good? subjective but looks like a SUV on 20s.

dont worry much about wheel widths unless you go with a 6" wide wheel and track the car :laugh: my winter wheels last year were 7.5" wide, this year theyre 7.25" wide, which are great for the snow but i didnt notice great difference in cornering or handling keeping tire compound, sizes, etc in mind when comparing a winter tire to a all season

assuming you have a 245-40/18 tire from factory, its about a diameter of 25.7 inches. with the new tire specs 235-30/18, the diameter is about 23.7 inches so thats about 2iches of extra wheel gap space from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender. on another note A3, that tire size does not exist but i still did the math for ya :thumbup:

#16 ·
Thanks Sandman, i actually didn't look up that tire size, it just mentally came to me regardless if it were right or wrong. :)

i am thinking the 18x8 ET35 with just H&R springs may be a nice daily usable setup with a few weekend autoX and track events thrown in the mix.

#19 · (Edited)
Current Ride Height: Stock TTS
Final Wheel Specs (Height, Width, Final Offset, PCD): 5x112 19x8.5 et45
Wheel Brand & Model: VMR v710
Tire Brand & Size (if appicable): Continental Sport Contact3 (OEM) 255-35
Additional Hardware (Spacers, Hubrings, Adapters) : None
Rubbing?: Only under hard cornering up hill. (Same as Stock)
Pictures:

#21 ·
I thought I had my mind set on the BBS LM's but the VMR VB3's really caught my eye.

I was going to do the H&R springs and a set of these VMR's in 19's. It appears they only have the 5x112 in 19x8.5. in an offset of 40 or 45. Is that enoughto fill the wheel wells without spacers? Or is it too conservative still?
Here's the page with options: http://www.velocitymotoring.com/wheels_vb3.html

#25 ·
Current Ride Height: "tastefully lowered" about 40 mm :p
Final Wheel Specs (Height, Width, Final Offset, PCD): 5x112 18x8 et48
Wheel Brand & Model: OZ Alleggerita HLT
Tire Brand & Size (if appicable): Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/40/18
Additional Hardware (Spacers, Hubrings, Adapters): 3 mm spacers in front
Pictures:

#26 ·
OK, less than 100 miles on the car so far, but thinking of a second set of wheels for some DOT-R tires. Perhaps some of our overseas friends who have had the car for a couple years can help.

Current Ride Height/Projected Ride Height: Stock TT RS
Wheel Specs (Height, Width, Offset): 19x9 et52
Wheel Brand & Model: OEM titanium 'rotor' wheels
Tire Size (if appicable): 255/35/19
Question: Are there any 18x9.5 wheels that will fit without issues? I'm thinking of maybe trying a 265/35/18 tire. Maybe Yokohamas or Toyos. It seems like there are more tire choices with an 18" wheel.

Any input would be appreciated. Also, is the lug bolt pattern 5x112 on the TTRS? Anyone know the center bore? What offset would fit over the brakes without using spacers?

Thanks!

#29 · (Edited)
Question: Are there any 18x9.5 wheels that will fit without issues? I'm thinking of maybe trying a 265/35/18 tire. Maybe Yokohamas or Toyos. It seems like there are more tire choices with an 18" wheel.
FWIW, a 265/35 will fit on an 18x9 wheel without issue. That should broaden your choices a bit.

Also, be careful about your front brakes with 18s. My stock 18x9s didn't fit over the TTRS brakes, and I'm sure it will be hit-or-miss whether aftermarket 18s fit. The problem wasn't with with spoke clearance (so offset is no help), but rather with the barrel. The TTRS uses 370 mm rotors compared to the 345 mm (I think) rotors of the 3.2 TT and TTS.

#32 ·
The TT Shop shows this picture on their TTRS brake upgrade page.

I have no idea how they got that wheel to fit, because I couldn't even get the bolts to line up and I have the same wheel. Perhaps the European 10-spoke wheel has a different manufacturer that gave it a wider barrel. Regardless, be very careful selecting wheels for those massive TTRS brakes.

#36 ·
Late, but I've been enjoying the summer....

These are what I put on for my stealth run to Vegas this year....

Current Ride Height: down 1.3 inches on H&R sport springs
Final Wheel Specs: 5x112 19x9 et45
Wheel Brand & Model: Bremmer Kraft BR05 black
Tire Brand & Size: Hankook Ventus V12 evo K 110
Additional Hardware: hubrings that came with the wheels
Pictures: Before & After
Before:

After:

#39 ·
These are what I put on for my stealth run to Vegas this year....

Current Ride Height: down 1.3 inches on H&R sport springs
Final Wheel Specs: 5x112 19x9 et45
Wheel Brand & Model: Bremmer Kraft BR05 black
Tire Brand & Size: Hankook Ventus V12 evo K 110
Additional Hardware: hubrings that came with the wheels
Pictures: Before & After
Before:

After:
love the wheels and the concavity :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

#37 ·
can we make this a sticky?

#43 ·
Alzor TT-RS reps

Eibach springs-1.3 drop front .08 rear
Tire size-245 40 18
Wheel 18x8
Can't decide between et35 or et45. I would like to keep my existing tire size, they're almost new. Prefer the look of the et35 (equivalent of running 5mm spacers). Concerned about rubbing. Any inputs or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

#44 · (Edited)
Eibach springs-1.3 drop front .08 rear
Tire size-245 40 18
Wheel 18x8
Can't decide between et35 or et45. I would like to keep my existing tire size, they're almost new. Prefer the look of the et35 (equivalent of running 5mm spacers). Concerned about rubbing. Any inputs or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Tough one to say for sure due to the drop. For comparison purposes, my 18 x 8.5 ET 35 with 245/40's had some minor rubbing. The 45's would be the safe bet and adding 5 mm spacers would provide a compromise allowing for the better stance. That said, the 35's will probably be ok and you can always fiddle with camber or eventually replace the tires with something that's a less square (if not 235's).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.