VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Hernie, from Monterrey México.

When I got my TT it doesn't had the rear spoiler so I bought one on ebay but it has 4 bolts and my hatch does not have any hole.

I don't know what to do and I think there are two options:

Drill the hatch and "proper" fit the spoiler or just dremel the bolts and use double sided 3m moulding tape but I don't know if it will hold the spoiler on, because it's heavy. :confused::confused:

I appreciatte any help, cheers!

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
majority report

Hola! Many on this forum would tell you to leave the spoiler off. The car is a rarity that way. The spoiler was an 'afterthought' after the recalls mainly, sourced in Alemana
to hold the rear down so it wouldn't go into 'terminal oversteer'.

In normal driving in MX/USAyou probably don't need it and you would be 'devaluing' the car by adding it.

That said; Bolt it on.

Saludos.:wave:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, man... thank you for the quick reply!

I didn't knew that, my toughts was that the previous owner had removed the spoiler lol!

Well, I'm going to reconsider this, then... Maybe I'll go to the local yunk yard to look for another hatch or I dunno.

The 3M duble sided tape will not harm the current hatch but I don't know if it will hold properly...

Thanks again, saludos mi hermano

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.