VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new owner of a 2.0 GTI, and am lookign into gettign a TT exhaust system with a Borla muffler. Could anyone tell me the differences between the Stainless Steel system, and the Aluminized system, other than price??

· Registered
6,087 Posts
Re: TT Stainless or Aluminized?? (VWGolfGTI2.0)

Stainless is not supposed to rust whereas Aluminized is only rust resistant. If you live in the salt belt, aka ****ty winter belt, you might want to consider SS. You can probably expect 3-5 years out of an Aluminized system. More towards the longer end of the spectrum if you wash the salt off the underside of the car after the roads clear up.

· Registered
3,736 Posts
Re: TT Stainless or Aluminized?? (MikeBlaze)

i libe in the tri state area, have done a total of 3 turboback systems all using aluminized, they been fine. aluminized willlast for years, even winter, but lets say your in canada or something wher etheres mad mad snow, then not as long, me personally i made my whole3" full turboback exhuast for about $250, i know here in CT it will last me for years, if anything i can sell it for what i made it for and re make my self anotehr one no biggie

· Registered
590 Posts
Re: TT Stainless or Aluminized?? (D Wiz)

Quote, originally posted by D Wiz »
TT= way too much money for what you get

I thought the price on the TT exhaust was pretty good. Curious who makes a good one that is cheaper?
Running on my Aluminized TT exhaust setup for over 3 years now. No Rust.

· Registered
3,736 Posts
Re: TT Stainless or Aluminized?? (a3dubber)

its just that the aluminized tubing costs liek $40 for catback, an dmuffler liek 120$, thats $160 for parts,
im sorry the TT is godo price catback, thus the popularity, but they ar ejust aluminized steel, which is good, i recommened it to all the exhuats i make for poeple, i guess i just look at thing differently cause i make stuff, a TT catback,i probaly could make it for myself just buy a borela muffler for liek $100

· Registered
590 Posts

Quote, originally posted by D Wiz »
its just that the aluminized tubing costs liek $40 for catback, an dmuffler liek 120$, thats $160 for parts,
im sorry the TT is godo price catback, thus the popularity, but they ar ejust aluminized steel, which is good, i recommened it to all the exhuats i make for poeple, i guess i just look at thing differently cause i make stuff, a TT catback,i probaly could make it for myself just buy a borela muffler for liek $100

Another benefit of TT is they can spell and punctuate.

· Registered
3,736 Posts
Re: TT Stainless or Aluminized?? (a3dubber)

Quote, originally posted by a3dubber »

Another benefit of TT is they can spell and punctuate.
hehe yep, i suck at that, LOL, but i makemy own parts and save about 70% of what average vortexers do, feels good at the end of the day when i can make my exhuats for $250 and watch people in the 1.8T forum pay a grand fo rGHL http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif or make ashort runenr intake manifold for $20, but yet they go for $600 +, im just syaing, not till you make your own parts do you realize how much money is eaten up in labor

· Registered
460 Posts

I have the TT SS w/borla and have been very happy. I got it in the stainless because i live in the salt belt, plus make some short runs( exhaust doesn't completely dry out) Plus being stainless it will last forever. It also has a nice sounds when you punch it but is not overwhelming inside the car. Installation was also a breeze. It fit like a charm. I'd definately recommend it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, thanks guys for the advice. I decided on the TT SS exhaust system, just because I know I will never need to put any more money into it ever again, and I have heard a lot of good stuff about its quality. I should get in by Wednesday, and will put it on ASAP, considering the fact I have no muffler as of now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.