VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Re: (newtlicious)

no, the filter is no where near the sump....ill have to make a diy to put on the oil filter like the guy with the diy on "how to tape a license plate to your bumper" complete with 15 steps supported by annectodal evidence.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: (speed51133!)

Quote, originally posted by speed51133! »
no, the filter is no where near the sump....ill have to make a diy to put on the oil filter like the guy with the diy on "how to tape a license plate to your bumper" complete with 15 steps supported by annectodal evidence.

Yep this thread is not getting the involvement that I had hoped for.....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re: (iModTTS)

Just to give something back to the community, I’m new to the Audi world, and also new to the hate-love relationship with the 2.0TFSI engine. So I will say this is my way to say thank you to all for posting a lot of information.
So I’m going to just copy the link for a very good –at least the one I followed- DIY on oil change here in the forum, and some pictures of the one I just did a few days ago, hoping it will help someone.
Enjoy.

Link:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/...=9103
I had to use a board beneath the ramp ...

I think the hardest part is to remove the splash cover:

Finally the filter cover

Drian plug tool, yeah right....

Filter removed,

Do you really believe this oil has 3000 miles?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Re: (DarthTTs)

What replacement oil did you use, and, whose filter?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re: (LongviewTx)

Mobil 1 0W40 and the OEM oil filter from ECStuning http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by DarthTTs at 6:53 PM 3/29/2010

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Re: (tcardio)

Quote, originally posted by tcardio »
That is possibly the worst oil ever made for our engines!

Wow, please elaborate on your claim.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Re: (ttaz02)

OK new DIY time. This one is more practical and I was inspired to do this for BBLACK who is one of our forum users.
I use http://www.photobucket.com You can open a free account with them, and all you do is:

1. go to ("my albums") and click on it

2. then it gives you the option of ("choosing file") to add new pics off your desktop

3. then copy and paste the ("img code") into the body of your forum post
To post pics on Fourtitude select ("img code") Other forums may use a slightly different format such as ("html code")
Mazel-tov homies!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This is from a forum overseas, but if you have the 3.2 or TTS and are looking for the EVOMS intake this will help you with your install. You just need to move the "UFO shaped" noisepipe section back towards the firewall on the TTS. More on that in Webisode 9ish

[DIY of EVOMS intake]

·
Registered
72 Posts
TT MKII brake light bulb replacement

Couldn't find anything online for the MKII's so I took some pics as I replaced this wear & tear item. Pretty simple (sort of :sly:). I'll post them if anyone's interested?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Couldn't find anything online for the MKII's so I took some pics as I replaced this wear & tear item. Pretty simple (sort of :sly:). I'll post them if anyone's interested?
Mine goes wonky all the time, and the dealership is getting sick of me coming by! I'd be into seeing how it gets done for the future.

TIA-
Jason

·
Registered
369 Posts
i figured i didnt to clogg this superbusy section of fourtitude so ill ask here! :D
any one have any idea how to remove the rear seats off a coupe?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
i figured i didnt to clogg this superbusy section of fourtitude so ill ask here! :D
any one have any idea how to remove the rear seats off a coupe?
TJ-
I dont have pics, but here is the breakdown since I just yoinked mine out. The rear seat and parcel shelf components weigh 56 lbs btw!

You need to pull the rear interior 1/4 panels to get to the lg. star torx bolts on either side of the rear seat back rest. It's not entirely easy, and then there is a 15mm socket needed to pull out the center brace which affixes under the rear seat for the seat belts. I don't have pics to share with you of the process since I pulled them out super quick before I dropped the car off for the next round of mods last week.

Hope this helps man.
Jason

·
Registered
369 Posts
TJ-
I dont have pics, but here is the breakdown since I just yoinked mine out. The rear seat and parcel shelf components weigh 56 lbs btw!

You need to pull the rear interior 1/4 panels to get to the lg. star torx bolts on either side of the rear seat back rest. It's not entirely easy, and then there is a 15mm socket needed to pull out the center brace which affixes under the rear seat for the seat belts. I don't have pics to share with you of the process since I pulled them out super quick before I dropped the car off for the next round of mods last week.

Hope this helps man.
Jason
Thanks Jason! gives me some of a guide, i tried today, but im scared to break **** :laugh: i have the bentley but cant find the damn dvd! :facepalm: posted over on the UK forum and some dude tried to say that the reat seats dont shed weight :what: it would be great to find a DIY with some pics and shizz, ill keep on searching online and at home for the bentley, ill be sure to post up here if i find anything..

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks Jason! gives me some of a guide, i tried today, but im scared to break **** :laugh: i have the bentley but cant find the damn dvd! :facepalm: posted over on the UK forum and some dude tried to say that the reat seats dont shed weight :what: it would be great to find a DIY with some pics and shizz, ill keep on searching online and at home for the bentley, ill be sure to post up here if i find anything..
TJ, I'm hyped to hear that you are looking into doing some ICE modding too. The biggest PITA in the removal of the rear seats is the star-torx that has to slid under the rear passenger 1/4 panel to reach the bolt that free's up the rear seat. There is nothing really to break if you take your time. I pulled all of mine out in under 20 mins solo style. As for whomever claims that you don't recoup lost weight when pulling out the all metal framed rear seat..... well thats just asinine.:wave:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I love this thread
Me.... not so much. I was hopeful that more people would share what they've been up to. Maybe people just "google" the mods and don't have to figure it all out themselves anymore? Either way I hope others revive this thread.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts