VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
OSIR gauge pod install..

i search the web before tackling mine and mount nothing on the MKII..

this is to detail taking the vent out and install the pod ring.. i do not currently have a boost gauge to do a full gauge write up but will add to this once i do so..

first is to get a decent screw driver to pry out the vent.. just stick the screw driver between the vent and dash and wedge slightly til you can get a finger grip on it and use your hand to pull the rest out..

2nd step is to stick a think screw driver between the metal trim and plastic for the vent and give it a slight twist i tried 2 diffrent spots and it popped off.. just repeat going round the trim till it is completly off..

the end result will look like this..

next step is to remove the plastic trim piece that opens and closes the vent from the metal trim ring.. look on the inside and you will see 3 tabs.. you can use you flat screw driver and pop them loose then seperate..

you will end up with 2 pieces like this..

next line up the 3 tabs from the OSIR pod it will only go on 1 way as the tabs are not evenly spaced.. so if you put it on you will have to spin it until the tabs line up then click it in place..

final result with out gauge installed is this..

i hope this helps i few people out.. im far from a teacher.. and not use to doing step by step write ups..

·
Banned
57 Posts
DIY: HID kit installation in Audi TT mk2

DIY: HID kit installation in Audi TT mk2

Im attaching a video from youtube of HID kit Installation on a New Audi TT mk2

You don´t need to drill your headlight cover.

Nobody could tell the difference between the halogen vs the OEM HID headlights (no cables or ballasts outside the headlight)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
so for all the 3.2L owners, this upcoming weekend ill be changing out my sparks, so stay tuned for a diy... for future reference NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs are on order, reference to part IZKR7B.

oh since i never updated my stereo thread, im adding a amp soon so ill toss up an aftermarket headunit wiring DIY too :thumbup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
i search the web before tackling mine and mount nothing on the MKII..

this is to detail taking the vent out and install the pod ring.. i do not currently have a boost gauge to do a full gauge write up but will add to this once i do so..

first is to get a decent screw driver to pry out the vent.. just stick the screw driver between the vent and dash and wedge slightly til you can get a finger grip on it and use your hand to pull the rest out..

2nd step is to stick a think screw driver between the metal trim and plastic for the vent and give it a slight twist i tried 2 diffrent spots and it popped off.. just repeat going round the trim till it is completly off..

the end result will look like this..

next step is to remove the plastic trim piece that opens and closes the vent from the metal trim ring.. look on the inside and you will see 3 tabs.. you can use you flat screw driver and pop them loose then seperate..

you will end up with 2 pieces like this..

next line up the 3 tabs from the OSIR pod it will only go on 1 way as the tabs are not evenly spaced.. so if you put it on you will have to spin it until the tabs line up then click it in place..

final result with out gauge installed is this..

i hope this helps i few people out.. im far from a teacher.. and not use to doing step by step write ups..
Nice info. and this is how the work looks when is finshed with OSIR pods for example my AEM boost controller and wideband gauge.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Changing TTS Brake Pads

Can anyone post a DYI on changing out the front and rear brake pads on a stock TTS? Or point out one that exists somewhere else?

·
Registered
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S, 2017 Jaguar F-Pace, 2012 Audi TT RS
1,335 Posts
Can anyone post a DYI on changing out the front and rear brake pads on a stock TTS? Or point out one that exists somewhere else?
There is a DIY somewhere for Golf/GTI that is the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ipod interface Original Audi

I buy this ipod interface from ECS Tunning. The installation instruction are very confuse. Does any one now how to install. Maybe a video or more datailled. Thanks!!!
I own a 2008 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Seeming that I like the amber mod that Jason and his vinyl came up with, I'm going to take it one step further this weekend and going to attempt to remove the actual reflector and spray can them matte black. One of the B8 owners just did his - ended up giving me the confidence to do the TT ones. I'm going was going to buy euro headlights in the UK but I figure I might attempt this mod, and if all goes well I'll save myself atleast $1200.

Heatgun, flathead screwdriver, matte black spray can, torx set, masking tape and some backup silicone here I come!

---
- Sent from my iPhone4.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Take lots of pics and post please! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
havent tackled the headlights yet - on the TO-DO list but started a little interior mod. always felt the s-tronic/dsg was so out of place in comparison to the rest of the interior with the atrocious shifter.

so a few pics of what ive done tonight so far (note to self, turn off the flash :facepalm:):

looked somewhat like this:

yes, i know its not a manual and its the world's biggest dead pedal, but atleast the interior looks tons better, to me atleast :p

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Engine Oil and FIlter on a 3.2L VR6 TT

Oil Filter - You need just one :)

I rolled the car up on a stepped ramp and setup the Griots Garage oil extractor.

Remove the underbody plastic panel by removing the T25, T30 and T40 screws. Note the location of the drain plug at the back of the oil pan and the oil filter housing (black with a 6mm allen bolt) in the front.

I can usually extract 5 quarts from the dipstick tube using the extractor. I like this approach as it does not fill up the pan under the car. You can also just do all the draining from under the car.

19mm socket for the oil pan drain bolt for the oil. Then the 6mm allen key for draining the oil filter housing - this bolt is then screwed back in. Lastly, the 36mm oil filter socket (or a 36mm axle socket will work) to unbolt the oil filter housing and switch the filter and screw it back in. Just snog and not nuts as that is a plastic housing. New O-ring comes with the filter.

Put everything back together under the car and fill the engine with fresh oil - I like Castrol Syntec/Edge 5w40 (VW 502 00 rated).

Roll the car onto level ground and start it up. Let it idle for a couple of minutes and then shut off. Wait for 2-4 minutes and check level - top off if needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
who wants to post up a diy for chaning springs. i have a 2010 tts (with mag ride) and have purchased H&R lowering springs. any tips, info, or links would be handy dandy

thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does anybody have any info on screw locations to remove front bumper cover? I got a new grill and I want to put it on, but I'm not sure where all of the screws are and I think there are 2 behind the fender well?
TIA:beer:

41 - 60 of 70 Posts