VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a full turbo-back APR system, and I am considering swapping out the cat-back portion for an oem sport system. For the APR, I am assuming the vacuum line is simply capped off. If I install an oem cat back, and leave this line capped off, it will essentially cause the flapper to be in the "open" position always, correct? Any idea if this will throw any sort of code?

Rhodyvr6, still interested?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I currently have a full turbo-back APR system, and I am considering swapping out the cat-back portion for an oem sport system. For the APR, I am assuming the vacuum line is simply capped off. If I install an oem cat back, and leave this line capped off, it will essentially cause the flapper to be in the "open" position always, correct? Any idea if this will throw any sort of code?

Rhodyvr6, still interested?
Yes still interested for sure!

I have my line just “pinched” off right now w the sports catback. No codes or issues. Literally just pinched in half and zip tied in that position. I believe to have the valve open, you’ll first need to start the car w it hooked up… put it in sports mode so the valve opens, pinch or cap it off and then you’re good. Default position I believe is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I currently have a full turbo-back APR system, and I am considering swapping out the cat-back portion for an oem sport system. For the APR, I am assuming the vacuum line is simply capped off. If I install an oem snaptube vidmate cat back, and leave this line capped off, it will essentially cause the flapper to be in the "open" position always, correct? Any idea if this will throw any sort of code?
what condition is the car , can you post some photos ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.