VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm in need of some new tires. All four 225/45 R17 (Stock rims on an 06 GLI)
Was wondering if anyone from Tucson would be able to point out some good places or know anyone selling tires at a good price. I'm gonna be traveling back to New Jersey in 2 weeks and wanted to get them on next week. Looking for all season tires. Also anyone info on best brand to get or what you have experience with. I'm not looking for top of the line, just something well priced and durable for back home driving. Now that I got the Z1000 the wife does most of Dub'n..... Any info would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thnx in advance!!

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Re: Tucson - Good place for Tires (RoninGLI)

Falken 512s or 452 work well as long as youre not in deep snow and its a style that Discount tire should have in stock.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (boostedGLS)

Got the car while I was in Germany at Spangdahlem. I did go to discount tire. They quoted about $560 - $600 for Yokohamas fitted at the shop. Was wondering if anyone had a line on a place cheaper or other ideas. Although I think I'll be going to Discount

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
Re: Tucson - Good place for Tires (KubotaPowered)

jack furriers at 1st and Ft Lowell.
ask for Jesse.
he is a part of our group and will do everything possible to get you sorted for the best price.
PERIOD.
3002 N. FIRST AVE (S. OF FT. LOWELL) TUCSON, AZ 85719 - 882-9580

Modified by jhayesvw at 4:40 PM 3-19-2009

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Re: Tucson - Good place for Tires (jhayesvw)

That price probably included road hazard warranties too which is a nice thing to have.
If you shop around, they usually price match if you bring in an ad or something.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Re: Tucson - Good place for Tires (Lowassveedub)

Quote, originally posted by Lowassveedub »
That price probably included road hazard warranties too which is a nice thing to have.
If you shop around, they usually price match if you bring in an ad or something.

road hazard is another like 20 per tire right>? i actually did that on a pair of tires i got.. and never used it. but when i needed it, i didn't have it - so then you are out your 120 per tire anywhoser.
discount - the one on speedway at alvernon i have always had good doings with over 6 years (and that is a lot of tires between 2 cars).

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Re: (RoninGLI)

Quote, originally posted by RoninGLI »
Got the car while I was in Germany at Spangdahlem. I did go to discount tire. They quoted about $560 - $600 for Yokohamas fitted at the shop. Was wondering if anyone had a line on a place cheaper or other ideas. Although I think I'll be going to Discount

DO NOT get yokohama avs es 100 tires. They suck royal wiener. I have them on my TT and they sound like a locomotive though they handle amazing.

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
Re: (MR BS)

im not sure that Roadhazard will help him since it appears that they will be driving the car back east.
are there discount tires back east?? if not, no point in road hazard.

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Re: (jhayesvw)

They go by America's Tire in other areas (CA included). For his situation it may be worth it to go to a mega-chain. But for the $80 in road certs, which I have never used either, I figure that's most of the way towards my new tire anyway so I don't get too bent out of shape over it.
Jesse @ Jack Furrier's just helped me out with some tires and they are definitely willing to deal with you to get you into something.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Tucson - Good place for Tires (jhayesvw)

Quote, originally posted by jhayesvw »
jack furriers at 1st and Ft Lowell.
ask for Jesse.
he is a part of our group and will do everything possible to get you sorted for the best price.
PERIOD.
3002 N. FIRST AVE (S. OF FT. LOWELL) TUCSON, AZ 85719 - 882-9580

Modified by jhayesvw at 4:40 PM 3-19-2009

Went with these guys.... got a great deal and tires are on tommorrow..
I am going back East to Jersey so road hazard at Discount was no point. Thanks for all the replies guys!!!! Too bad I wont be in these forums though anymore. Thanks again for all the info and good luck with your DUBS!!

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Re: Tucson - Good place for Tires (RoninGLI)

I always seemed to have bad experiences at Discount. They opened my wife's hood on her Passat and didn't latch it down, couldn't put enough air pressure in her tires to make the sensor go off (the tech said he wouldn't put more than 33lbs in the tires which was crap), They pulled up my Jetta with a side skirt they pulled off and dragged it across the parking lot, took my VW valve stem caps and couldn't find them right after they installed my tires, gouged one of my wheels, and finally they said they ordered my tires but never did as I waited 3 hours until they got lucky and found them at another store, and then proceeded to cross thread a lug bolt on my Jetta.
To be fair, they did replace the wheel they marred up, they did give me $20 bucks for my trouble when they didn't order my tires like they said they would, and I happened to get my stripped out lug bolt fixed for free because I worked at the dealer (I told them not to touch it).
I found that the best thing to do was to just order my tires from the Tirerack.com and them get them installed somewhere else. I used Ventana Tire over in Rita Ranch and they did a great job. Wheel balance was spot on, NO Marks on my wheels, put my BBS valve stem caps back on, no problems at all. They had the car ready before they said it would be done and I dropped it off around 2:00pm when they were busy.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Re: Tucson - Good place for Tires (16V Hare)

I guess I should have read all the posts first
oops. Oh well, hopefully my post will help someone else out in the future.

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
Re: Tucson - Good place for Tires (16V Hare)

Quote, originally posted by 16V Hare »
I guess I should have read all the posts first
oops. Oh well, hopefully my post will help someone else out in the future.

howdy stranger

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Re: (Jettin2Class)

Quote, originally posted by Jettin2Class »
They go by America's Tire in other areas (CA included).

That's only in CA, WA, and maybe OR. And that's only because there was already a small tire dealer chain in those states with the DT name.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts