VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Need help on a Tune for 2013 Passat 3.6L DSG tried unitronic but they only do B6 3.6L and I don't want APR, is there any other solutions ?

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk
You did not mention if you are looking to send the ECU out or not? Notwithstanding, there is another option, but kind of expensive. Vivid Racing offers a tune for it that can be done with a handheld flash tool. The DimSport is $250 plus the cost of the custom tune.
https://www.vividracing.com/tuned-ecu-flash-tune-volkswagen-passat-36l-300hp-p-152457191.html
I have that on my 2017 B7 Passat VR6. It definitely is an improvement, but not saying it justifies the cost. I really do like the way my car drives, but I have an exhaust, intake, and DSG tune as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You did not mention if you are looking to send the ECU out or not? Notwithstanding, there is another option, but kind of expensive. Vivid Racing offers a tune for it that can be done with a handheld flash tool. The DimSport is $250 plus the cost of the custom tune.
https://www.vividracing.com/tuned-ecu-flash-tune-volkswagen-passat-36l-300hp-p-152457191.html
I have that on my 2017 B7 Passat VR6. It definitely is an improvement, but not saying it justifies the cost. I really do like the way my car drives, but I have an exhaust, intake, and DSG tune as well.

Cool , I'll give it a try

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

What DSG tune did you get ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
VR Tuned ECU Flash Tune Volkswagen Passat 3.6L V6 B7 300HP | VRT-PST-B7-300

I've been looking for a tune for my 2016 VR6 Passat, but that link says up to 2015. You had mentioned using it on your '17? So...it works fine?
I do have the SEL Premium, so I'm concerned about it interfering with all the tech.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been looking for a tune for my 2016 VR6 Passat, but that link says up to 2015. You had mentioned using it on your '17? So...it works fine?
I do have the SEL Premium, so I'm concerned about it interfering with all the tech.
I am not going to recommend using Vivid, we had so much back and forth to get what I wanted (over an extensive period of time) that I would say go with APR. Pretty sure the APR let’s you downgrade as needed (via menu), meaning you do not have to run the tune all the time. I say that because with gas prices where they are I do not want to run a higher octane tune all the time. These tunes are mapped to the octane version you choose, so being able to ‘turn it off’ via a menu is way better than reflashing every time you want to change. Anyway, my 2017 is an SEL Premium as well, and no impact to the bells and whistles. Strangely though, it would trigger the tire pressure light, but I just reset it and good to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not going to recommend using Vivid, we had so much back and forth to get what I wanted (over an extensive period of time) that I would say go with APR. Pretty sure the APR let’s you downgrade as needed (via menu), meaning you do not have to run the tune all the time. I say that because with gas prices where they are I do not want to run a higher octane tune all the time. These tunes are mapped to the octane version you choose, so being able to ‘turn it off’ via a menu is way better than reflashing every time you want to change. Anyway, my 2017 is an SEL Premium as well, and no impact to the bells and whistles. Strangely though, it would trigger the tire pressure light, but I just reset it and good to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.