VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had brought my car in for a tune-up, brought it to Pep Boys..before I brought it in..my car was slow getting up speeds but once the spark plugs(Double Platinum Autolite 3923) was replaced..boy oh boy..my car pulled hard especially pass 4K rpm so I'm glad I'm back to the way it suppose to be...as soon as I get home I had put my two set of keys with the alarm on it in the trunk and locked the glove department and lock the trunk button on the driver side door(because I didn't want the auto tech messing with my stuff), so at this point I'm stuck with that one key without the key(house keys) w/alarm on it..so I'm thinking how in the world am I going to get into my apartment, called my sister and she told me " Why don't you pull down your back seats and get yours keys from there" I was like oh yea that's right...duh!!!

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: Tune-up and a little incident today! (jiggyjames79)

there are platinum 3923s and ther are non platinum 3923s, differnet part numbers. I use the plain el cheapo 3923s with amazing results, along with many others. I would never put a platinum plug in any car let alone a turbo car. The only thiong platinum is good for is extended plug life, which results in less power. any platinum plug I have used before I could feel a huge loss. What plugs did they put in instead fo the platihums?
chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Tune-up and a little incident today! (chris86vw)

they were double platinums autolite 3923 and the power is back into my car, there's no power loss.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Before I had hte standard NGK Spark Plugs with the VW logo on it..now I have Double Platinum Auto Lite 3923 in my car right now. .

·
Registered
275 Posts

I called APR and asked what they think I should run in my car with the chip, and they said use NGK Plat. Race Plugs. So I thought, cool, I'll order them up from the shop I work at, asked the boss to order them and he laughed and said he thought they were like $18 a piece, but they will last me longer then others. That could get expensive, since I heard I have to change my plugs every 10k miles or so

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Re: Tune-up and a little incident today! (DILLIGAF Racing)

So platinum plugs are OK for our turbo motors?? I thought the coppers were the ones prescribed for our motors

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: Tune-up and a little incident today! (BoneKrusher)

platinum ones are always fine, but they tend to be geard for longer life and not greater performance. So I dont' see you gettign any gains form platinum plugs over stock like you may with others.
chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
8,087 Posts

I just use the NGK's for $2.50 if your going to be running race gas or N20 and are going to need to change your plugs often I would suggest these. they made 400hp on our cars so I'm sure they'll hold power.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Re: Tune-up and a little incident today! (Bug_Power)

quote:[HR][/HR]I just use the NGK's for $2.50 if your going to be running race gas or N20 and are going to need to change your plugs often I would suggest these. they made 400hp on our cars so I'm sure they'll hold power.[HR][/HR]​
Which NGK's are $2.50????

·
Registered
275 Posts

I was told by a parts store, by a guy worked for a VW dealership that the cars come with either NGK or Bosch in them. He said chances are they are NGK, so I am getting NGK for mine...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts