VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of you may or may not know we are a Unitronic dealer. You also may not know that Unitronic offers a cable that allows you to flash your MK7 GTI on your own which means you dont have to pay labor, drive long distances or sit around a waiting room. Just plug your car in, flash it and racecar :laugh:. We put together an article explaining this process to make this as clear as possible.

Click Here for More info

Tune your MK7 GTI from Home
Uniconnect+ Cable

MK7 GTI Tune Options
$650 – MK7 GTI Stage 1 Tune (for 91 octane)
$700 – MK7 GTI Stage 1+ Tune (for 93 octane)
$750 – MK7 GTI Stage 2 Tune (w/ Downpipe)
$1200 –MK7 GTI Stage 2+ Tune (w/ IS38 Turbo)

DSG Tunes

$600 – MK7 GTI Stage 1 DSG Tune
$700 – MK7 GTI Stage 2 DSG Tune

Combo Deals

$1100 – MK7 GTI Stage 1 ECU and Stage 1 DSG Tune (for 91 octane)
$1150 – MK7 GTI Stage 1+ ECU and Stage 1 DSG Tune (for 93 octane)
$1300 – MK7 GTI Stage 2 ECU and Stage 2 DSG Tune

·
Registered
593 Posts
If only no lift shift was a reality without WOTbox for the MK7 at the moment.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think what other people are waiting for is an available tune for post March 11, 2015 cars. (like APR and ED has) I think once Unitronic finally cracks the tune, much more people will start buying this again.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are there any noticeable differences with driving experience between APR and Unitronic? DSG or MT?
They would generally be pretty similar with 1 key difference on the MK7. Unitronic uses torque by gear for their tunes which means in low gears the torque is delivered in a way to prevent you from blowing the tires off the car every time you put the pedal the the floor. This is intended to promote better traction on the low end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
They would generally be pretty similar with 1 key difference on the MK7. Unitronic uses torque by gear for their tunes which means in low gears the torque is delivered in a way to prevent you from blowing the tires off the car every time you put the pedal the the floor. This is intended to promote better traction on the low end.

Thanks Paul, I never knew that. So what does APR, ED, Revo, GIAC do for their torque control? I have only compared dynos from the different competitors.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Paul, I never knew that. So what does APR, ED, Revo, GIAC do for their torque control? I have only compared dynos from the different competitors.
I think Unitronic is the only one who uses torque by gear (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Keep in mind that you wouldn't see that on a dyno graph bc all dynos happen in higher gears.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I would love to do the Stage 1+ but you say that 2016 isn't available yet. Do you think Unitronic is close to cracking the 2016 lock? I think APR has done it so I believe it can be done. I like the idea of flashing on my own.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would love to do the Stage 1+ but you say that 2016 isn't available yet. Do you think Unitronic is close to cracking the 2016 lock? I think APR has done it so I believe it can be done. I like the idea of flashing on my own.
I believe it will be coming in the next couples months but Unitronic has not put out any concrete dates at this point

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.