VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Im on stage 2 uni and got my ass whoppsed by a stage 2 mazda 3. my clutch is being replaced by a stage 1 ecs tuning clutch kit and 14lbs flywheel. will that clutch handle BT? it says 220 - 275hp and bt will be atleast 300 - 330. If it wont lip i dnt mind it burning out aslong as it last 6 months lol. Or i would just got frankenturbo otherwise. i want a big power increase n just feel a ko4 wont do it. any help with my decision will be appreciated. BIG TOM? lol:laugh:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
a stage 1 ecs tuning clutch kit and 14lbs flywheel. it says 220 - 275hp and bt will be atleast 300 - 330. :
looks like you answered your own question there chief :screwy:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like you answered your own question there chief :screwy:
Ey ive heard of people running vr6 clutches on BT without issue. Just thought someone could say, YEH ITLL WORK FIND IT WORKS FOR ME lol

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
GT3076r or go home.:laugh:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want something that i can use with my stock engine. When i have the money to build the engine then i will go bigger but right now its between the gt28(if my clutch can take it) or just ko4 for a little more power.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I want something that i can use with my stock engine. When i have the money to build the engine then i will go bigger but right now its between the gt28(if my clutch can take it) or just ko4 for a little more power.
ko4 and more bolt on mods for a win... pics of said car? :thumbup:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ko4 and more bolt on mods for a win... pics of said car? :thumbup:
I dont have many pics of the car as of yet, im at work and have nothing lol. All my mods are currently in my signature but i dont want to run about 250whp. i want to be atleast 275+. What other bolt ons are available apart from a fmic?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
do it once and be done with it. waste of money constantly upgrading when you plan on doing something bigger eventually anyway
Yeh that makes sense.... just worried ill be spending 650 on my clutch (installed) and i go BT and my clutch cant take it. Rather go ko4 and try and get as much as i can out of it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.