VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you have plans for turbo exhaust manifolds, i know a log manifold would be the easiest to build, but if any fo you have mad your own can you help?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Re: turbo exhaust manifolds (gigmatt16v)

I'd also like to see some information on DIY turbo manifolds. particularly equal length manifolds. I understand that they are a lot more time consuming to make. But I want one done.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif So has anyone else done this, and how.
Pics would be fun too

·
Registered
854 Posts
i got the material to make some on order, should ahve the goods later this week, beginning of next. i'm going to try my hand at making tubular and log style 16v, 8v and 20v. soon as i get some results i.e guinea piging my car, i'll let you know.

·
Registered
42,817 Posts
Re: turbo exhaust manifolds (Action Jackson)

Quote, originally posted by Action Jackson »
I'd also like to see some information on DIY turbo manifolds. particularly equal length manifolds.

dont forget the space constraints back there, there isnt a lotta room

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Re: turbo exhaust manifolds (ValveCoverGasket)

True, but I thought I had seen a pic of one one the FI forum a few months back. I wish I kept it. It was a beaut! Different from the one shown above.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Re: turbo exhaust manifolds (Action Jackson)

yea, mine isnt pretty, but its damn thick, and almost equal length, moreso than a log... There are undoubtedly better ones out there, but they cost mucho dollares, eurospeed.ca has a whole ****load of really high quality 16v turbo stuff, including some nice cast manifolds..

·
Banned
5,765 Posts
Re: turbo exhaust manifolds (myke_w)

Woohoo, Imagestation works
Anyway...this is my 20v manifold w/ Tial 40mm wastegate.

Modified by GTibunny16v at 2:21 PM 2-17-2004

1 - 9 of 9 Posts