VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Turbo 2.0's out there have this issue?
I am running an ATP turbo manifold but my turbo is touching the firewall.
I have tried putting a scissor jack between the motor and the firewall, but the motor just shifts forward on the mounts...
Maybe its time to get the kinetic manifold :p

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about motor mounts?
I guess i shouldnt be running stock rear mount.. its probably all smashed up.
Would adding a taller rear mount help?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have BFI .5 mounts coming in soon.. i hope
So will get a 48oz hammer from lowes and see if i can pound it back a little...

What did you do with the brake line that is right there? i dont want to crush the brake line and have no brakes :eek:

·
Registered
694 Posts
i got the bfi mounts on mine they were nice but i ended up having to bash the firewall in pretty far and it still taps it sometimes when you really romp on it. grab a hammer and keep hitting until it fits, keep in mind your heater box is back there, remove the heat shield and bend the brake line down while your hitting it.

·
Banned
2,935 Posts
i wish i had pics of the firewall, but that was before camera phones had good quality pics.. lol

but youre gonna have to bash it pretty good to clear the compressor housing, and remember the motor will move quite a bit under load. so take in to account that you will have to clear it by a few inches

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Dont use a BFH on the firewall unless you dont like your heatercore, Im running the same one and i have about 1/2" clearance from the firewall with my T3. Make sure your rear motor mount in not mushroomed and/or pick up the BFI stealth rear mount. That is what im currently running and i have no issues. If you plan on going big turbo then that manifold wont work.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Mine fits just fine just flatten the brake line heatshield to gain some extra room. I never suggest hammering in your firewall... its so... perminent and wrong. Do it right if you cant get it to fit pick up a proper turbo manifold im sure you can find one cheap in the classifieds or eBay.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
me and my buddies would hit...just bent the brake line out of the way from getting damaged...i had raised the motor in my with some solid motor mounts and still did it...very limited space back there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts