VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 1.8t GTI with an upsolute chip in it. Now for the past several months the turbo has been crapping out on me and going into limp mode when ever it feels like it. I have talk to upsolute and we still haven't found the problem. It has been to the dealership a couple times and all they keep on doing is replacing th DV.
Please if someone out the knows whats going on with my car please help!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Turbo is cutting out please help!!!!!!! (spoolinGTI)

yes i have a forge DV and i still can't get my enegine to operate properly 100% of the time PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! WHY IS IT ONLY MY CAR THAT HAS THIS PROBLEM!

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: Turbo is cutting out please help!!!!!!! (vdubrocket)

Do you have access to a VAG tool and another chipped ECU, maybe off a friend's car?
After you hunt for boost leaks, trying another program may help too.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Re: Turbo is cutting out please help!!!!!!! (vdubrocket)

well i have the forge too. and from time to time it gets sticky and the the boost is anything but smooth... i just take it out and clean it and then relube it and then my car runs smooth again...
i don't know if this is your exact problem but it sounds like it could be.
good luck,
James

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Turbo is cutting out please help!!!!!!! (1.8TMadness)

its the enegines's way of protecting itself from harm if the turbo is not working properly. It basically shuts off the turbo and if your car is chipped and you hit the gas you'll know if the turbo is cut off. Because if its on my head is usually glue to my head rest when i floor it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.