VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I STFA for "2.8" and got zip. The 2.8 L forum is dead, so I'm asking here:
If the Audi 2.7T is the same block as the 2.8L NA V6, is there any reason why you couldn't roll up yolur sleeves and turn it into a biturbo motor. Especially if you were gonna build the bottom end anyway? For example the AWE turbo kit (http://www.awe-tuning.com/page...x.cfm), which includes software and exhaust manifolds. Naturally there'd be some extra work (plumbing for the intercooler, e.g.) but I just want to know if it is possible. Of course it may be possible but not worth the ha$$le...

· Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: Turbo mod to 24 valve 2.8 V6? (Alex W)

You could definatly make it a biturbo motor. The biggest thing I would look at is the heads. Are they the same or is the 2.7T head better?
You would most likely be using standalone I would assume. That is the other cost involved that wouldn't be required with a 2.7T car since there is software out there.

· Registered
4,870 Posts
Re: Turbo mod to 24 valve 2.8 V6? (JsnVR6Corrado)

blocks and heads are different, sorry
i would head over to audiworld.com and ask there to be sure.

· Registered
2,314 Posts
Re: Turbo mod to 24 valve 2.8 V6? (JsnVR6Corrado)

Quote, originally posted by JsnVR6Corrado »
You could definatly make it a biturbo motor. The biggest thing I would look at is the heads. Are they the same or is the 2.7T head better?
You would most likely be using standalone I would assume. That is the other cost involved that wouldn't be required with a 2.7T car since there is software out there.

Is funny how people have no clue what they are talking about!

· Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Turbo mod to 24 valve 2.8 V6? (RedDevil)

If it is the same engine block, and you replaced the injectors etc, and made the compression ratio the same, seems like you should be able to use a 2.7tt ECU. Then again I'm no mechanic.

· Banned
10,280 Posts
Re: Turbo mod to 24 valve 2.8 V6? (Alex W)

Quote, originally posted by Alex W »
If it is the same engine block, and you replaced the injectors etc, and made the compression ratio the same, seems like you should be able to use a 2.7tt ECU. Then again I'm no mechanic.

Probably easier to buy a used 2.7 engine from a wreck and swap it in...
Obviously theinitial cost is higher, but you can always sell your existing engine when you're done to recoup some of the cost...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.