VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be gettin a turbo soon, hopefully
, and I am wondering if I will still be able to run a 50 or 75 shot. Can a stock VR6 handle 6-8psi plus N20. I figured it could, but I am not quite sure. thanks.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Re: Turbo plus N20 (Lemmie Hill)

no clue on how it would work...
but, why dont you just raise the boost on the turbo? lol seems to be more logical.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Re: Turbo plus N20 (dancdas)

Quote, originally posted by dancdas »
no clue on how it would work...
but, why dont you just raise the boost on the turbo? lol seems to be more logical.

if we wanted to be logical 99% of the posts on this site wouldn't be allowed
lol. i dunno how it would work either, but i'd love to see it. i know guys run that kind of boost with superchargers and have a 50 shot or so on top of that. again, i dont know how much difference there would be between nitrous on top of a SC or TC, i'd venture to say it would be fine http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by GTIStile at 12:07 PM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Re: Turbo plus N20 (Lemmie Hill)

I'd get aftermarket rods and pistons 1st, before i'd play with nos, s/c, or turbos. Manley Rods and JE pistons can take alot more punishment then the OE ones.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Re: Turbo plus N20 (Sleepy007)

Quote, originally posted by Sleepy007 »
I'd get aftermarket rods and pistons 1st, before i'd play with nos, s/c, or turbos. Manley Rods and JE pistons can take alot more punishment then the OE ones.

arent the stock rods good for 500+ hp? i thought the weak link was just the pistons.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Re: Turbo plus N20 (GTIStile)

hold on there,
you gotta be kiding me? the vr6 motor can handle that much power, you need bearings/rods/pistons, and then yeah maybe, and a freaking good headgasket job.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: Turbo plus N20 (dancdas)

Just to add fuel to the fire, one benefit with running nitrous with turbo is if you run the n2o pre-turbo it will help to cool the turbo as well.
But yes, I'd add rods, pistons and bearings first.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Turbo plus N20 (SilberArrow6)

From what I have been told from the makers of the turbo kit I wont, as long as the fuel pump can support around 400bhp I will be fine. Turbo+75shot will be around400bhp. The kit comes with bigger injectors, so I dont need those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts